Condylactis and clowns

Discussion in 'Inverts' started by pshootr, Jan 31, 2007.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. geekdafied

geekdafied 3reef Sponsor

Its great having a buddy thats a marine biologist, hahaha.... I got an uncle that is also a marine biologist. 9 times out of 10, if I got a problem, thats who I ask, lol. I ask the pro's who know their **** (haha)

2. Click Here!

3. pshootr

pshootr Fire Worm

LOL, Lucky indeed. Man your buddy seems to have a very sweet business with all the clowns. Nice to see some one earning a living while working with one of the things they enjoy most.
    I love the picture with the teaspoon. Too cool

4. geekdafied

geekdafied 3reef Sponsor

lol thats a real picture too... He was having a hardtime catching them, they were bunched up in a corner and he didnt wanna mash any of them with the net, so he grabbed a teaspoon he used for dosing spectra vital.

5. razvan

razvan Astrea Snail

Hi, I have a 6gallon just laying around, so I figured I'll play with it a bit.

Later today i want to go and get 10lbs of live sand, and I saw a cady for $6 and two skunk clowns.
    Ill keep u posted on how the fish and the anemone treat each other.

I have a 55gall with a 20 gall sump, with 1 puffer fish (in the sump right now) live sand, 15lbs of live rock, and some crabs. I had a BAD seaclone100 protein skimmer, so i took it back to the store and i got store credit instead of my money.

I just purchased an urchin, so im waiting for it in the mail.

6. JohnFritts

JohnFritts Peppermint Shrimp

My neighbor is a Marine Biologist and he likes to throw me curve balls every now and then to make sure I'm actually learning something and not just taking his word 100% .. Nice guy too.

My 8g bio cube is being setup for my pair of "spawning" clowns and I'm gonna pull one of his condy's out for them. They seem to enjoy it, even if most sites say they are "not a match" .. enjoy!

-fritts

7. razvan

razvan Astrea Snail

I had him for a day now and he is a bit agitated swimms in the same spot. He did not go inside the anemone but I'll give it a few days. On another thread somebody (i'll get their name) told me to paste a picture of a clown in an anemone on the aquarium side, so that the fish can ""get the picture", I'll definetly woun't pass the oportunity to do a little house experiment.

8. Click Here!

9. PharmrJohn

PharmrJohn The Dude

I have a maroon clown that hosts a condy. No problem. Very protective also!!! Now, razvan, is this 6g a new tank? I am under the impression that you threw together a tank and immediately put an anenome in it.

10. razvan

razvan Astrea Snail

I did just put it together (*10lbs lice sand, new water, a filter with carbon and alge from my sump, a power head,5inch anemone that I got attached to a 1lb live rock, one 1 inch clown, and a crab)

but I also have a 55 gallon with a 20 gallon sump. My 55 gallon has only a porcupine puffer sand and live rock. I am monitoring the anemone and I figured that if it does not like it in the 6 (being cause its new, or etc) then I can relocate it.

But if you have any sugestions or info, I will gladly listen. It is my first anemone and I found that no matter how many books or websites I read, it does not compare with experimenting. Of course dry knowledge can always soften the process.

Thanks for the concern.