Urgent Condy Anemone Help!

Discussion in 'ASAP' started by kayjay, Aug 25, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. kayjay

kayjay Plankton

I took one or 2 at a time out put them in the water from my tank & quickly scrubbed them, I did sit the rock on a towel till I finished cleaning all the rocks then put them back in, I would say they may have been out 20 minutes. I did find the mantis that was killing my snails. You think that was too long to be out of the tank? I didn't take out the rock the anemone was on. My anemone looks good again...weird. I am going to check my water again tomorrow & do another water change if I need to.

2. Click Here!

3. knighttime991

knighttime991 Astrea Snail

i was always told when its throwing up white cottony stuff that its throwing its guts up literally i could be off but its not a good sign either way id pick up some prime for the ammonia spike

4. Mr. Bill

Mr. Bill Native Floridian

Allowing the rock to dry for 20 minutes may have caused enough die-off to create an ammonia spike. If the nem is now eating, it's perfectly healthy and was just stressed from the ammonia spike. :)

5. kayjay

kayjay Plankton

I took the water I drained from my tank and took one at a time & cleaned it quickly w/ a brush & set them on a towel, but the most time they set out was probably 20 min.s. I cleaned them quickly & put them back in, I don't have that many. Big ones though. think that was ok? My water tested good today for Ammonia & nitrate. The Condy looks good, big & full but that white looking stuff right at it mouth....which isn't alot is turning darker, like a straw color. If my #s are good everything should be ok, right?? :confused:

6. Corailline

Corailline Super Moderator

The white stuff sounds like mesenterial filaments (internal structures of the anemone), not a good sign for an anemone.

If your ammonia and nitrites remain undetectable it might pull through. Perhaps you could put up a newer image.

If you see another incident of detectable ammonia and nitrite values, the anemone may be decaying from the inside out.

7. kayjay

kayjay Plankton

BTW my Condy turned out to be ok, thanks for all the help.