Concept Reef: What would you want to see?

Discussion in 'The Bucket' started by Seano Hermano, Apr 13, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Seano Hermano

Seano Hermano Giant Squid

I like the font that CPR Aquatics uses, which is what the mistral font reminded me of. I don't want to just copy it though. I am still undecided.

2. Click Here!

3. thepanfish

thepanfish Flying Squid

Sean,
    my LFS has a partnership with a local woodworking company to build them custom oak biocube stands. Perhaps you could outsource your work in a similar way, giving them 30% of profit. Also, if you are only doing furniture, and not complete setups, I would clarify your slogan. Make it "Custom furniture for aquaria" or "stands that don't look like kitchen cabinetry" or the like.
    IMO

Last edited: Jun 27, 2011
  4. Seano Hermano

Did you just guess " 'cause that's what 3reefers do(sponsor 3reef)" or did you see Matt's page? lmao.

I like them both. The current one (font: papyrus) looks mysterious. The newer one (font: mistral) looks bold, kind of showy, but personally I think they both look professional.

5. Seano Hermano

I see your point. I am still not exactly sure on my slogan. I would be willing to do everything(plumbing, electrical, ect.) except for build the tank. That would cost a lot more to get started. material costs would just be applied to the customer.

6. aquariaman

aquariaman Pajama Cardinal

Nope, not at all! Just kinda thought it might be an option for you and looks like it is! lol. ;D

7. thepanfish

thepanfish Flying Squid

I don't think so. Not mass produced, just send them designs with a materials list and specs, then call them up and say "I need a stand #4 etc... My LFS makes maybe 10 a year, you just need a small local company with around or < 10 employees not a big factory.

8. Click Here!

9. Seano Hermano

But if I built them then I couldn't use the table saw for glass and wood; I would need to buy a tile saw with a diomond blade. A regular saw would overheat(when cutting glass) as there isn't any water.

If you have ideas on how I could do tank building as well, let me hear it.

I am already considering building the cabinets. just not sure about building glass tanks. it would be cool though...

10. Seano Hermano

Panfish..I think I misread your last post. Rephrase it for me, will ya? You ran your sentences together. lol.

11. thepanfish

thepanfish Flying Squid

Oh sorry, comma splicing is something I'm very good at :p
    Anyway, I would find a small local woodworking firm and give them a few base designs and material lists for standard tanks. Then if you had a stand to build, call them up and say "I need a stand like design #4, but with Cherry panels" or something of the like. Make standard stands to fit regular dimension tanks (ie 110, 120 is 48X24) and give the customer options such as woods, stains, door styles, knobs etc...Then you could do more custom stuff too if their tank is a weird shape or they want something really special but you would already have a base to work off of.

12. Seano Hermano

That's a good idea. Although I don't know of anyy local cabinet maker.

My town is tiny, I tell you.

My customer market will be people in other towns. I am thinking of mainly towns within a 1hr radius.