Complications

Discussion in 'ASAP' started by Midnight_Madman, Sep 7, 2004.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Midnight_Madman

Midnight_Madman Montipora Digitata

I am in the middle of building my new refugium out of my wetdry.. due to complications I have to resilicone a few parts. The problem I am worried about is that the tank is only moving with 1 600gph powerhead and I moved the heater into the tank. How long can it function like this without a problem? The package on the silicone says wait 48 hours before adding water!

2. Click Here!

3. JohnO

JohnO Moderator

If you place the powerhead near the bottom of the main tank with the water pumping in an upward direction it should be OK for a while.

John

4. Midnight_Madman

Ok, thanks. How long do you think? Do you think I really have to let the silicone cure for 48 hours. Its not very thick.

5. JohnO

JohnO Moderator

I assume the silicon is not part of the outside of the refugium? In other words it's not holding water in the fuge? If that's the case and you have used it for baffles or something like that then you should be able to add water pretty soon, it depends more on how much strength the joint needs.

If however the joins are to be 100% waterproof then you will have to wait the full 48hrs.

John

6. Midnight_Madman

Thanks. That answers my question. Its just holding some plexi to seperate the areas.