complete tank transfer

Discussion in 'Reef Aquarium Articles and How To's' started by reefermadness420, Oct 17, 2015.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Vu Nguyen

Vu Nguyen Flamingo Tongue

I just feel that the substrate is benefactor .... I can siphon out the gravel and clean that a lot easier than sand..... Just my reason...What do you think?

2. Click Here!

3. reefermadness420

reefermadness420 Flamingo Tongue

I transfered the entire sand bed seems to be fine minus one coral I think I put in water that was too cold and is declining. My sand was pretty clean. I think larger substrate mixed with a sand is nice and you can vacuum the bottom without losing a lot of it

4. Vu Nguyen

My tank is 3 years old. I need to transfer with a lot of "minus"

All the bristle worms at least but I don't think I can get away with that as the rock my nem stays on has a bunch them..

5. reefermadness420

bristleworms are everywhere in my tank I just wore gloves I didnt remove any of them

6. Vu Nguyen

I have a lot of them and they used to come out even when the lights are on. I got a yellow corrie and I have not seen them for the last many months. However I am sure they are there

7. reefermadness420

yea they come out during the day no fear just poke around and then slide back into the rock. When they start being a nuisance I will start removing them. I also found dozens of mini brittle stars when transferring that I thought had died from the cycle. I wouldn't worry bout them unless they are causing problems. Jw why the transfer?