Complete CoralVue Hood pics

Discussion in 'Reef Lighting' started by captivereefs, May 27, 2004.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. captivereefs

captivereefs Feather Duster

Here you go. This one does not show the moonlight we are putting in now but this is what they look like.

Attached Files:

2. Click Here!

3. hottielover14

hottielover14 Torch Coral

I'm gonna upgrade from my 260 watt. PC's to MH, after I can afford MH. I'm not sure which one to get. I saw this nice hood on ebay it has 2x250 MH and 2x110 VHO's which is nice for like $539. There's also one that has 2x400 watt MH and 2X96 PC's, which is also nice for $599. There so expensive though, so I'll have to wait.

4. captivereefs

captivereefs Feather Duster

The 48"coralvue hood with HQI bulbs is $680 and with out it is $650. Make sure the hood has built in fans and electronic ballasts like the coralvue hood does. Also the COralvue ballasts have a 3 year warranty on them. You will not find a warranty like this anywhere else!

Another cool thing is that the hood is made from insulated aluminum so the external surfaces of the hood will not get hot! All the other hoods on the market will burn you if you touch them.

5. hottielover14

hottielover14 Torch Coral

how about this one I saw it has 2x175 MH and 2x96 PC but it has 2 external ballasts for the MH. Is that bad or do u reccomend internal ballasts. This other one I saw by PFO has internal ballasts but it's like $200 more.