COMPATABILITY

Discussion in 'General Reef Topics' started by Tangotan, Apr 13, 2015.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Tangotan

Tangotan Astrea Snail

Im thinking of adding one of my favorite fishes of all time into my FOWLR tank, a Foxface!
    I just wanted to know how he'd do with my tankmates. in reality the only one im really worried about is my new spiny box puffer but im guessing the foxface should be fine with the niger trigger I have. Ive had foxface before and love their personalities and Ive aquascaped my tank to have a lot of hiding places and nice crevices just hoping the puffer will be fine with him :huh:
    Thank you guys as always, Yoel

2. Click Here!

3. Mr. Bill

Mr. Bill Native Floridian

One thing I've learned (the hard way, unfortunately) is that fish couldn't care less about our opinions or compatibility charts. I've seen the most peaceful fish become a bully, and even the most unlikely 'pairs'. What most fish do care about is sufficient hiding places, swimming space, and proper diet, but even with all that, there is no guarantee. That said, what size tank, how much LR, and what other livestock do you have?

Vinnyboombatz likes this.
  4. Tangotan

Tangotan Astrea Snail

It's a 50 gal tank, with about 65 lb because I took some out, making swimming space up top. And a baby box puffer, Niger trigger, pair of clowns, and a baby snowflake eel. That's really all, I know things might sound overcrowded but I usually transfer them when they begin to grow out my tank and put them in my dads 180gal haha

5. civiccars2003

civiccars2003 Great Blue Whale

If that trigger wasnt in there I'd say go for it.

DSC reef likes this.
  6. Mr. Bill

Mr. Bill Native Floridian

+1 to ^^^

Also, what type of clownfish? Some species can get pretty mean as they mature.

DSC reef likes this.
  7. Tangotan

Tangotan Astrea Snail

2 tank raised percs, I mean they don't really mess with anything in there, just hang out together

8. Click Here!

9. oldfishkeeper

oldfishkeeper Giant Squid

foxface seem to be pretty peaceful fish from what I've read, I've never kept one though. It does sound a little crowded in there - the niger will get big pretty quickly - I really do love those fish

DSC reef likes this.
: help