Colt coral frag

Discussion in 'Frags' started by UMdmd, Apr 25, 2006.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. UMdmd

UMdmd Astrea Snail

Hey all, I just got a colt coral frag. I used some thread to attach it to a rock. Any tips on how to help speed up its attachment and what to do help it florish.

2. Click Here!

3. Bruce

Bruce Giant Squid

Colt coral is great for fragging. Nothing really to speed up its attachment...but it shouldnt take long...maybe a day or too. Since you have MH in your tank, i would keep this coral pretty low in the tank :)

1 person likes this.
  4. UMdmd

UMdmd Astrea Snail

Thanks Bruce. I just looked at my colt coral and I'm not sure if thread was the best method to attach it to the rock. It kinda fell over and was just hanging by the thread. Do you have any other suggestions on how to attach it.

5. Bruce

Bruce Giant Squid

you can try a toothpick. Colt corals are tough. try putting in an area where there is not much water flow so it doesnt get blown over.

1 person likes this.
  6. ragc

ragc Bristle Worm

I just stuck mine in a snail shell (empty). It is still there, and has grown and split.

7. Bruce

Bruce Giant Squid

the problem i found with shells, is that overnight the colt coral has a habbit of excaping into the rock work o_O

8. Click Here!

9. ragc

ragc Bristle Worm

Hmm...mine did not! (now I have undeachieving coral...hmm...is there marine Ritalin?) LOL! ;D

10. Bruce

Bruce Giant Squid

LOL...well im upset because i had about 6 frags that were growing for my lfs...and now i think they are closing lol...o well