coil denitrator yes again

Discussion in 'Filters, Pumps, etc..' started by woowoodengy, Jan 29, 2005.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. woowoodengy

woowoodengy Astrea Snail

hey guys this is my first post whoopee!!! i have been reading about coil denitrators and i am almost done with mine i read that some of you have made them in the past do you still have them running are the working are they worth the trouble any long term tricks do you still have yours birdlady by the way i have a African grey too he is almost 3 years old

2. Click Here!

3. Birdlady

Birdlady Finback Whale

Hi there woowoodengy!

If you followed the thread all the way through, mine sprung some leaks because I tried to use silicone to seal it up... :p  in retrospect, I don't know what I was thinking.  I did use PVC glue, but it was not a tight fit.  I used the thinner PVC for rain gutter drainage etc. and the PVC did not entirely seal, so I used silicone and it leaks.  So I have not gotten around to rebuilding my new one.....sigh.

Dx72fd is using his and gets zero nitrates..I am sure he will chime in here when he sees the thread :D

My Rosie is 11 years old now! :D  They are wonderful birds!  She is in the room with the tank...I think she enjoys watching the fishies ::)

4. Fastlife

Fastlife Fire Worm

Well BL i used PVC glue and it works great ZERO nitrates.. It started working in about 2 weeks . I was surprized it worked so fast. You should try it again BL.

5. Fastlife

Fastlife Fire Worm

Just make sure u use plenty of PVC glue.

6. Fastlife

Fastlife Fire Worm

the only thing i suggest woowoodengy is to try it with a bigger diameter of hose ( bigger then the 1/4 inch.) See if you can get fittings for a 3/8 hose at home depot. My coil nitrater is #) " tall and i used about 120' of 1/4 inch hose. But it has been giving me some problems with the flow slowing down.

7. Fastlife

Fastlife Fire Worm

30" sorry about the typo errro

8. Click Here!

9. Birdlady

Birdlady Finback Whale

Yup, it is on my list,,,but I have a 6 year old, for whom I am a Browie Troop Leader (and it is cookie time AAARRRGGGHHHH!!!) and I just have not gotten to it yet! I do have a DSB in my fuge so at this time, no nitrate issues. ;D

Drew (Dx7...) made a prefilter for his, check his section out as well. He did that so there would be no clogging :D

I wonder how often, if at all , one should clean that out?

10. Fastlife

Fastlife Fire Worm

Will do . Is it a link or in his pics.?

11. Birdlady

Birdlady Finback Whale

12. woowoodengy

woowoodengy Astrea Snail

has anyone else out there had good results with a cd