Unresolved Clowns seem to be rubbing against my heater constantly, is this a problem?

Discussion in 'ASAP' started by Claic Yuzolt, Jan 10, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Claic Yuzolt

Claic Yuzolt Bubble Tip Anemone

I just got two B&W Clowns yesterday and I noticed that this morning they were sleeping in the corner next to the heater touching it.

Throughout today I noticed they were crawling all over it and pushing up against it and as soon as the lights went out they ran over to it and started to go vertical again and laying on it.

Could this be a problem? Should I just put the heater in the sump?

Thanks.

2. Click Here!

3. coylee_17

coylee_17 Fire Goby

Sounds like they may hosting your heater, shouldn't be a problem

4. veedubshafer

veedubshafer Banned

I would put that unsightly thing in your sump anyway. After years of small FW tanks I love the fact that my heaters are not in the DT.

5. Claic Yuzolt

Claic Yuzolt Bubble Tip Anemone

So the heater won't burn them or anything?

Also, later on if I want them to host a sebae anemone would they go to it and switch or once they host they are there for good?

I am probably moving the heater anyway.

6. slocal

slocal Doot!

Nope, the heater isn't hot to the touch since it's in water. You'll watch even your snails going all over it.

There's no guarantee that they will host an anemone, so don't get one only for the purpose of the clown fish. They will host whatever they see fit. Mine host a torch coral during the day and the female sleeps in the corner at night while the male stays with the torch.

7. GreyGhost

GreyGhost Purple Spiny Lobster

Mine hosted my thermometer and ignored my Anemone. Then they went to my leather and hosted him literally to death and after the funeral (flushing) I got rid of them. I now have a Sebae and want another Clown. Even if they dont host they have the coolest personality.