Clowns have cloudy eyes

Discussion in 'Diseases' started by Puffer Chick, Mar 30, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Puffer Chick

Puffer Chick Giant Squid

For the past couple of days my black and white misbar clowns have had some white specs on them, i do not believe it is ick, looks completly different from the ick that my wrasses have had. yesterday i noticed it looked like they had a black film starting to form over their eyes now today i noticed that one of my female clown's eye is completly cloudy.

i wasnt too worried about the clowns they had been acting fine, swimming fine, eating good, the stuff didnt seem to bother them. But now the cloudy eyes are worrying me.

last night i lost my female pink margin fairy wrasse to ick, sunday i lost my mccoskers flasher wrasse to jumping, and now the clowns are getting worse

i really have no idea why everybody is all of a sudden getting sick/dying.

i tested my parmeters last night before my wrasse died, ammonia and nitrite were 0 nitrate was 10

i cant get a picture of the clowns. i just dont know why everybody is dying and getting sick on me.

my remaining pink margin also has a few white specks at the top of her head but that's it.

2. Click Here!

3. blackraven1425

blackraven1425 Giant Squid

Did you add anything at all recently? If so, it could have come in with it and/or the water it was in.

4. Puffer Chick

Puffer Chick Giant Squid

i added the pink margins two weeks ago and no water got in the tank, i also added more CUC from RC and no water got in the tank either. I also added some new corals sunday but no water got in the tank from that either

5. kcbrad

kcbrad Giant Squid

I think cloudy eye is a bacterial infection, but I'm not positive. Google it.

6. Puffer Chick

Puffer Chick Giant Squid

that's kind of what i got when googling it. its seemed to have worse over the past few days.

And whatever they have isint ick something else and something is causing the cloudy eyes this morning i say the female swimming on her side, but i just figured it was her being a clown but then later i noticed the cloudy eye

7. reefmonkey

reefmonkey Giant Squid

Google Brooklynella as well.

8. Click Here!

9. kcbrad

kcbrad Giant Squid

Oh yeah, good thinking. That's common in clowns tracy. Google it.

10. Puffer Chick

Puffer Chick Giant Squid

ok will do
    its so frustrating my tank never had any issues up until recently and now its like everybody is going down

11. veedubshafer

veedubshafer Banned

12. Puffer Chick

Puffer Chick Giant Squid

deffiently not