clownfish

Discussion in 'Breeding Tropical Fish' started by andrew71583, Dec 6, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. andrew71583

andrew71583 Plankton

hey i have hopes of breeding clowns, I actaully took apart my reef so i can only have clowns. I bought three clowns several weeks ago, waiting for two to pair off then rehome the third. last week my dads tank sprung a leak. i had to take his clowns in with mine. so for the last week i have had 6 clowns in my small 29 gallon. i know once a pair is established there can be aggresion towards the runt. my question is for 7 days there has been no aggression no nipping no chaisn no nothing. is it possible they can co exist. and is it possible i can still have a breeding paid in this tank.???

2. Click Here!

3. elweshomayor

elweshomayor Giant Squid

Can they co exist? Yes but not for very long
    a breeding pair? Not in my research.. Supposedly a pair gets pretty agresive in a tank.

4. andrew71583

andrew71583 Plankton

so i can leave all six in there till aggression breaks out?

5. bioreefdude

bioreefdude Fu Manchu Lion Fish

i would go get a 10g 9.99 and keep his in there

6. andrew71583

andrew71583 Plankton

i have pleanty of extra 10 gallons. my other question is is it very obvious when theres a pair. i have 6 and some swim close to each other but then they go off to another one. like there mormon and they have 7 wifes(or husbands )