Urgent Clownfish got caught in powerhead!

Discussion in 'ASAP' started by Puffer Chick, Jan 9, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Puffer Chick

Puffer Chick Giant Squid

yea so far so good, she is just pissed now, she keeps on attacking the male, but its all her fault that she got caught in the ph, good thing it was only the maxijett, if she some how got caught in the vortech, don't think she would have been saveable and i probably would of had fish parts floating all over my tank.

1 person likes this.
  2. Click Here!

3. NeighborTomita

NeighborTomita Banned

Ewww, that is not a pleasant thought lol. Maybe they got in a fight and he kicked her out of their "space", could be his fault all along ;D

4. Gexx

Gexx Giant Squid

maybe he dared her to lick the powerhead? lol sounds like they are hosting the powerhead if they are swimming beside it all the time. good luck.

5. Puffer Chick

Puffer Chick Giant Squid

hahaha lol glad ther was only one piece of fish meat floating around in my tank, so glad i saw that because if i didnt i probably would not of noticed that she got stuck until it would have been to late

haha probably :D they usually swim all over the tank because right now its just them and my firefish. But at night i usually find my male above the maxijett and the female underneath, where this happend during the day right after maintance so who knows what went on, as said earlier i guess clowns will be clowns :D

6. Puffer Chick

Puffer Chick Giant Squid

just an update:

the clown has made it thorugh the night. Although i can tell she is not her normal self. She is actually swimming with the male from time to time which she has never done.
    And if she swims towards the current of my vortech she has a really hard time, she had no problem before. She used to swim all over the tank no problem, but now she is swmming mainly on the middle to bottom half of the tank, where before she was swimming all over. She is also swimming a lot slower than normal, she used to have some speed in her.

But other than that she seems to be doing ok

7. rdevault0121

rdevault0121 Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

you may have to use meds if the wound dosnt heal correctly nothing worse than an open sore

8. Click Here!

9. GreyGhost

GreyGhost Purple Spiny Lobster

Next trip to the LFS why not get some of the carbon pad's and cut to fit around the powerhead and there will be no fish or Anemone caught in the powerhead. I look after ColdShot's tank and he has me keep all his wrapped and it does'nt affect the flow and help's keep the water clean.

10. DiscreteAudio

DiscreteAudio Astrea Snail

I have had this happen to me as well with my Female clown a LONG time ago.. She was HEAD FIRST in the inlet of a STRONG pump.. She was horrable, her left eye was !2X! its normal size.. Broke my heart.. She had probably been there for 45 minutes. She passed away a few days later. If you caught her soon and she is swimming about n stuff, I think you are in the clear. Just put something over the inlet to prevent this.

K+ FOR YOUR HEARTING HEART!

11. Puffer Chick

Puffer Chick Giant Squid

Yea I'm hoping it will heal on it's own as I don't have a spare tank. I actually haven't checked out the wound in the past couple of days

12. Puffer Chick

Puffer Chick Giant Squid

That's a really good idea I'll have to check the lfs next time I go