Urgent Clownfish got caught in powerhead!

Discussion in 'ASAP' started by Puffer Chick, Jan 9, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Puffer Chick

Puffer Chick Giant Squid

oh man i cant believe a sailifin tang did the same thing and their much bigger fish. Sorry to hear yours passed :( im hoping she will live up to their known hardiness and pull through

im hoping thats all it is, she's never let him clean her anyways.

And thanks, its always been hard to get a good pic of her, lol when i was trying to take pics she wuold just stay on the uninjured side instead of turning to her injured side, she's always been sturbborn and used to be very mean to the male clwon but has finally settled down. right now she's just swimming in a low flow area, i fed the fish last night, but i'll probably feed them again to try to keep her energy level up

2. Click Here!

3. irr0001

irr0001 Purple Tang

that's awful! I'm sorry! You could try adding something to prevent bacterial infections if it did break the skin if you want.

1 person likes this.
  4. Puffer Chick

Puffer Chick Giant Squid

its hard to say, if it really did, she wouldnt hold still long enough, actually the only reason why i even noticed she was caught because i saw a big chunk of white stuff floating through the water and i was like WTF is that, then i looked over and it was my poor female clown, so that's also why i think she might be showing flesh, im hoping my brain wont eat her, i heard their known to eat small weak fish. Im also hoping that the garlic will help since dont have any kind of medicine around

5. irr0001

irr0001 Purple Tang

I wouldn't worry about the brain unless she decided to take a nap on it's mouth..garlic sounds like a good idea..hope she recovers!

6. Puffer Chick

Puffer Chick Giant Squid

i always feed with garlic and i hope your right about the brain :D although she is swimming by the bubble, not sure if their known to eat small weak fish, and this is a very large bubble coral

7. NU-2reef

NU-2reef Montipora Digitata

PC it's sounds like the fish isnt feeling to well. if it got sucked into a powerhead it probably wasnt swimming well before that. which means it could be sick.

hopefully your feeding and some good old TLC will bring her back to health. wish the best.

1 person likes this.
  8. Click Here!

9. ZachB

ZachB Giant Squid

Not good that it got sucked up by something as small as a Maxijet to start with. I have an intake that takes in around 2,800 gph inside my tank and nothing gets sucked onto the strainer. Either it was in a really deep sleep or was weak already. I don't think the cleaner was trying to clean it, probably trying to eat it.

Sorry for the trouble with the clown...

1 person likes this.
  10. Peredhil

Peredhil Giant Squid

if it got caught in the first place... I'd be concerned the fish is already weak... possibly anyway.

about the wound. The de-chlorinators you use to treat tap, a lot of those have aloe and are good for a fish's slime coat.

I would consider turning off the skimmer and putting about a teaspoon (capful) in your 46 gallon. Leave the skimmer off for a couple days bc the dechlorinator will make it go nuts if you try this.

1 person likes this.
  11. Puffer Chick

Puffer Chick Giant Squid

yea its so weird because she had been doing just fine up until now, i know both my female and my male clown for some reason love to swim by the powerheads for some reason. i did just get done with tank maintance with water changes and glass cleaning so i dont know if she was a bit stressed during that, she is is usually fine and the boss of the tank so no bullies beating her up, if anything she's the bully.

i'm just glad that the other two fish are giving her some space and letting her do her thing. and yea im hoping the good will do the trick, and thanks :D

12. Puffer Chick

Puffer Chick Giant Squid

i do have prime, would that work?