Clownfish eating upside down??

Discussion in 'ASAP' started by SpngBob, Nov 14, 2004.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. SpngBob

SpngBob Astrea Snail

I bought 2 clownfish yesterday.. One is doing great!! The other has been stayin in like one corner and not doing much.. I fed them a mintue ago and it was eating upside down.. Its not upside down now but it looks like its breathing hard..Everything tests fine.. temp is fine.. Ever happen to anyone else??

Thanks

2. Click Here!

3. SpngBob

SpngBob Astrea Snail

[​IMG] :( >:(

Its still breathing!

4. Birdlady

Birdlady Finback Whale

Hmmm....Are the fish the same size? Is the other one picking on it or stressing it in someway? Do you have any other fish?

Could you add to your Profile, under Sig....your tank info? Size, filtration, lighting etc. That way it will show each time you post. Sometimes that helps to figure things out ;D

You also said everything test fine. What are you testing and what are the results? I would think ammonia...or...do you check nitrates? what are they....

sorry for all the questions..... :-/

5. Birdlady

Birdlady Finback Whale

Good Karma for your Fishy , BTW. ;)

6. SpngBob

SpngBob Astrea Snail

Salinity is a little low.. Its in the range its suppost to be but at teh bototm.. 1.020..... I guess I dilluted it earlier today (stupid mistakes always mess me up!!).. The fish is acting fine now!! I have salt mixing.. But I dont know what its deal was.. I'll fix my sig tomorrow

BTW.. do you aerate your salt mix?? I never did but I was readin teh instant ocean bag and it says to reach oxygen/carbon dioxide equilibrium..

Thanks for your karma for my fish :) lol

7. Birdlady

Birdlady Finback Whale

Could have been salinity shock.....

I do aerate my salt water....it is recommended to do that overnite for best results. ;D