Clownfish Disease?

Discussion in 'Diseases' started by docpod10, May 8, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. docpod10

docpod10 Plankton

hey guys, my 2 perculas have this white stringy thing hanging from their anal area. Ive looked some stuff and the only thing i can come up with is brooklynella..i dont know if it may be something else. I have read up on coppersafe, but read that its not good for live rock or inverts. i bought some fish food medication pellots, but they are not even eating. One of the perculas mouths wont close, as it just stays open continuously.Any suggestions on what it may be and any recommendations to treat them would greatly be appreciated. thank you.

2. Click Here!

3. wareagle35031

wareagle35031 Bubble Tip Anemone

can you get them out of the main tank, do you have a hospital tank?

4. docpod10

docpod10 Plankton

no , unfortunately i do not have a hospital tank :-(

5. docpod10

docpod10 Plankton

i just got a hospital tank with a power head and a power filter. just got done setting it up about an hour and half ago. I have a heater in there. Im wondering how long its gonna take before the water will be warm enough to place my 2 perculas in. I really want them to get in there as i fear they are getting worse. I am using life guard medication..the dissolving tablet for 5 day treatment. How long does it usually take for the water to become warm enough? any suggestions on anything?? thanks ..

6. phoenixhieghts

phoenixhieghts Panda Puffer

take use water out of your main tank - that way its at the perfect temp straight away! :)

from what you have said tho - i does not sound like Clownfish disease, as that appears like oodinium.
    It could be worms or/and dioareah

7. docpod10

docpod10 Plankton

thanks! one of the diseases treated by the lifeguard treatment is oodinium so hopefully they will get better. From what I observed today, their movements are improved, but one of them still has their mouths open which doesnt close. I hope that in time they will heal. i tried feeding them a little bit to see if they would even bite, but still not there yet..one of them eats a little bit, but thats it. ill update their status later tonight!

8. Click Here!

9. docpod10

docpod10 Plankton

is there supposed to be an odd odor coming from the hospital tank during treatment? It stinks really bad from the tank....

10. phoenixhieghts

phoenixhieghts Panda Puffer

Its probably the treatmeant your using. Is it copper?

Dont run carbon either way as that would only absorb the treatmeant, you'll just have to put up with the bad smell im afraid.