Clownfish Died

Discussion in 'Diseases' started by NaClCrocodile, Oct 28, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. NaClCrocodile

NaClCrocodile Skunk Shrimp

Alright so as I understand it, Ich is the little white spots on an infected fish. If this is something else please let me know. I read the thread "The Dreaded Ich" and followed the suggestions of feeding nutrient enriched foods and relying on their immune system. Today I got back from school and my normally active (lately lethargic) clownfish is nowhere to be found. I had the feeling that he wasn't winning the battle and so it was no suprise to find him in the back of the tank being munched on by some bluelegs. I proceeded to get him out and flush him - I don't want him rotting up my tank. He was relatively new, about a month in my tank, and I figure it took hold after my temp dropped with a faulty heater. My starry blenny is kicking butt and doesn't have any abnormal white spots so how do I keep him this way? He's eating nori soaked in Dr. G's Essential Reef Vitamins and Minerals. My LFS feeds with this stuff and normally their fish look pretty healthy so why not. I just want to keep my Blenny and any other additions healthy.

Cayman

2. Click Here!

3. bama

bama Humpback Whale

sorry to hear this man.. I hate when fish die