Urgent Clown Trigger Velvet!

Discussion in 'ASAP' started by Ryland, May 3, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Anthos312

Anthos312 Millepora

woot!!!! Props to you man i woulda done the same thing if i had the setups to be able to quarantine and save a fish probably as awesome and has the potential as the one you saved. Im rootin for it!! Post some pics, hopefully he continues to recover.

2. Click Here!

3. bvb-etf-luva

bvb-etf-luva Banned

i dont have much experience with copper meds but i have done hypersalinity and copper meds simeltaneously. must have just gotten lucky. ill read up a little more thanks

4. barbianj

barbianj Hammer Head Shark

Perhaps is because you were at 1.016 for hypo? It needs to be at 1.009 to be fully effective.

5. Ryland

Ryland Stylophora

As of tonight he still will not eat. Shys away and hides when I approach the tank. But he seems to be getting a little more energetic each day. Any ideas on something to try to get him eating? Ive tried mysis, krill, and table shrimp all with and without garlic.

6. epsilon

epsilon Feather Star

Hey Ryland,
    I don't know how triggers are but i'm thinking live food might be a valid call here. I nursed a timid Lionfish from work back to health that wouldn't eat in a highly aggressive DT this way. Soon as he saw them hit the water he attacked them. I believe it was ghost shrimp that i fed this guy initially, then periodically small feeder fish (not as healthy for them) until i was finally able to switch him over to frozen.
    I was able to pick up ghost shrimp from a local Pet supplies plus for really cheap. If you can't find any, just any kind of small feeder fish will be fine. Hopefully this will entice him to eat. I tell you what, and i apologize if this upsets any1 but it was cool as hell to watch him go for the live stuff. I would have kept him on it but its obviously a lot more $$$ and far from convenient. GL let us know!

7. Ryland

Ryland Stylophora

Actually I think this is a good idea. I am going to try it. Will be going to the LFS to buy some ghost shrimp. Might do the trick. I cant believe how skinny he is getting though. He looks better everyday but still is not eating. Will let you know.

8. Click Here!

9. Ryland

Ryland Stylophora

Still not eating. Will try to post some pics later this evening.

10. epsilon

epsilon Feather Star

Wow,i assume that was with the live...that's not a good sign. :(

11. epsilon

epsilon Feather Star

Well, now I'm afraid to ask...hows the little guy doing?

12. Ryland

Ryland Stylophora

Update....I am afraid I have some bad news. He is alive. So that is a plus. However, he has refused to touch any and all kinds of food I have placed in there with him. He has become so skinny I think death may be knocking on the door. The ich/velvet whatever has cleared considerably and his eyes have become much clearer. For several days he was very active up and about in the tank. Since yesterday he has not done much of anything except lay on the bottom of the tank. Water quality has been kept high. I am actually lowering the cupramine levels from .6 to .4 today in an effort to remove a little stress. The most concerning thing I have noticed is he has become quite pale. His coloration seems to be disappearing. His breathing is steady and eyes are clear appears to be alert to my presence in the room. After what I believed were several days of improvment he is going back down hill. I am of the belief it is due to starvation. Any ideas????