Urgent Clown Trigger Velvet!

Discussion in 'ASAP' started by Ryland, May 3, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. barbianj

barbianj Hammer Head Shark

He already started the Cupramine treatment.

2. Click Here!

3. bvb-etf-luva

bvb-etf-luva Banned

do not criticize me for helping you, i did not say to put him in your display tank(even tho it would only kill the coral if it was copper based). i am fully aware of the steps you have to take to treat the majority of marine fish diseases. i am only trying to help and your attitude is making me want to do the opposite. i was simply stating a larger quarantine would be a step in the right direction. but i know you are unable to do so.

4. alpha_03

alpha_03 Bubble Tip Anemone

Well sheesh- guess I saw that but had an "ignorant moment".

I am not sure how this will react with pimafix and melafix.

So I can only suggest this, start over- grab 20 gallons from your main display (water change time ;) ) add this to the QT using a gravity flow exchange- what goes out comes in- pretty easy to do, just time consuming.

If you need help on how to do this let me know.

5. barbianj

barbianj Hammer Head Shark

Haha, sorry, I was ignorant. I didn't see that in your post until I re-read it. :-[

If he has experience in using Cupramine, that's a perfectly fine route. I've used it many times, and never lost a fish.

6. alpha_03

alpha_03 Bubble Tip Anemone

Heh, no prob- we are only tring to help a fellow reefer with our own experience. All is well. :)

7. Ryland

Ryland Stylophora

I assure you I was not criticizing your advise. Only pointing out that I have already told you there is nothing I can do about the size of the tank and I have done nothing but improve the living conditions. My attitude is nothing but concern. It is within your rights to give advice opposite of what you morally believe is right. I surely hope there is not somebody on this site that would do this but if this is what you are insinuating I will be sure to take note. You are correct a larger qt would be a step in the right direction and I have acknowledged this. But I think at this point its time to worry about what is more important in the short term such as water treatments I could be missing. Cupramine has been started. Nothing has changed he is still resting on the bottom. His breathing is slow and steady. He is covered in ich so bad I have no idea how he will make it however, I highly doubt I change in water volume will make a difference at this point. All lights are off and the tank is steady. I wll check him in the morning and hope he is still alive.

8. Click Here!

9. bvb-etf-luva

bvb-etf-luva Banned

youve done all you can now you play the waiting game

10. Ryland

Ryland Stylophora

My qt consists of an air stone with foam filter and water heater. Bare bottom and some pvc for hiding. I have used cupramine with success before but I am afraid that the fish has velvet-ich so bad he will not survive the night. Triggers are tough so I think this is the only thing that will help me at this point. If he can hang on thoughout the night I think he might make it.

11. bvb-etf-luva

bvb-etf-luva Banned

12. Ryland

Ryland Stylophora

Will check back in the morning with a report of death or life.