Clown Prices

Discussion in 'Breeding Tropical Fish' started by Damsels R Cool, Aug 20, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Damsels R Cool

Damsels R Cool Millepora

Me and my cousin are going to invest some money in breeding B&W clowns and have a copple questions

1. What would be a fair price for a 1" baby B&W clown To anverage joe and a price each for a pet store buying 10 or more

2. our system is going to contain 3 tanks plumed (2 rubber maid tubs 1 for grow out one for fuge/ filteriton and a 29 gallon for the spawning pair) together and a 10 gallon fry tank does this sond good?

3. would $400 cover the expences considering were getting the 29 gallon free and return pump free

4 how much does a rubber maid tub cost (the one most commonly used for stumps/ fuges in large tanks.

5 how many gallons are those large rubber maid tubs

2. Click Here!

3. LCP136

LCP136 Sailfin Tang

My LFS charges I think $80 for a pair of black ocellaris. I would pay half that personally.

4. oceanparadise1

oceanparadise1 Fire Squid

Make sure you have some stuff set up to make there live food. Baby clowns only eat certain things. That seems to be the hardest part is getting them to eat. Make sure you do tons and tons of research and look at some clown breeding set ups from other threads!

Also, when you succed, keep me on the list for some clowns :):)

Good luck! keep us up to date

5. Damsels R Cool

Damsels R Cool Millepora

dont worry man i will and i've allready done tons of research

6. Av8Bluewater

Av8Bluewater Giant Squid

7. tigerlily

tigerlily Feather Duster

Do you have the book Clownfishes by Joyce Wilkerson? Great info in that book for breeding clowns. Just remember that they might not start laying eggsfor up to a year or two some people get lucky. I got my pair of black/white ocellaris for $70 and they were less than inch. I too will be breeding mine and the perculas I just got whenever they decide to start, I am playing the waiting game right now lol. I heard that rubbermaid tubs weren't good for the long run because they become brittle over time and wear down or crack or something. I was plannng on having a bunch of 10 gallon tanks for grow out tanks. I think rubbermaid tubs are like $5 real cheap. Good luck and keep us posted! I love seeing people's breeder setups.