CLOWN ISSUE

Discussion in 'ASAP' started by yellowviper, Mar 23, 2004.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. yellowviper

yellowviper Astrea Snail

i have to false clowns and one is wopping the other a*( looks like his tail is all beaten up and . but they have been buds forever like 6 month any ideas looks like the beat on is about to croak from this

2. Click Here!

3. reefman_MC

reefman_MC Aiptasia Anemone

I would get the smaller one out. Sounds like your female clown is mad at your male clown. He may have just not done something she wanted him to do and she got mad. You need to move the one that is getting beat up and try reintroducing him later. She'll probably take him back.

4. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

Yeah this seems to happen with clowns now and then. Omar's maroons almost killed each other, now they are mellow.

Maybe moving some rocks around would help. [smiley=worried.gif]

5. Land_Fish

Land_Fish Guest

It is normal mating. Hope they survive the Tough love :D

6. reefman_MC

reefman_MC Aiptasia Anemone

I still would take him out. If his tail is messed up he probably isn't going to make it.

7. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

Might be a good idea. I would like to see a pic of the damage though.

8. Click Here!

9. Craig Manoukian

Craig Manoukian Giant Squid

Remember that Clowns are part of the Damsel family, the toughest fish ounce for ounce in the ocean! That tough love thang Nautilus is talkin' about is for real. As Matt said a picture would be good and I would follow reefman_MC's advice if the damage impairs his ability to swim.

10. omard

omard Gnarly Old Codfish

Here are some "before and after" pics of my two maroons (posted here in past)...(early Dec 03) (Matt, Craig, Jackets, et al surely remember the "worry" I went thru) - my fish losses have been, luckily, minimal - but all very "emotional" - for self and whole family.

Picture is not very good, and got much worse then shows here before they decided to like each other

[​IMG]

Now (recent): :

[​IMG]

All "happy now" - but was tough to watch..and I nearly pulled out the weakest one when I thought it was a "gonner" - but as I said before, Nature works things out.

Good Luck!

OmarD :D

11. Land_Fish

Land_Fish Guest

Remember so slow and let it grow..... The clown can take it as they are figuring who is the boss of the family here. If the fish can swim leave him in.

12. yellowviper

yellowviper Astrea Snail

well he got his lillt but murdered hermitss having lunch as we speak so i guess il replce him any sugjestions on hoe to get one that doesnt get beatn
    like a differnt clow maybee ??