Clown Goby with Ich? Pictures included!

Discussion in 'Diseases' started by HollyG, Jan 8, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. HollyG

HollyG Teardrop Maxima Clam

I have been keeping saltwater tanks for almost a year now and not one of my fish has had a disease ever! So, I think my yellow clown goby may have ich but the thing is that niether of my 2 clown fish or my 2 spot blenny has ich. the white spots of the clown goby look to be too big for ich to me AND I saw 2 of the white spots come right off of him in the water flow. Does ich come off like that? He calls the colt coral home, so he is always in it all the time. Does this seem like ich to you or something else? If it is ich, how do I treat him without killing all of my corals? I don't have a quarentine tank! :(

ich 001 (800x660).jpg
    ich 004 (800x599).jpg

2. Click Here!

3. Strykir

Strykir Astrea Snail

Looks too big to me to be Ich and looks more like sand stuck to him. I'm new to this so I'm not sure but my Goby has had similar looking stuff and it was just sand from him making a mess. I did bring home a Blue Tang that had Ich and treated it successfully with Ich Attack. Its garlic based and will cause an algae bloom but no corals, crabs or shrimp were hurt and my tang and everyone is doing great now. I also at the same time started feeding seaweed that had garlic as well as dry food with garlic. This I think helped as the goby will eat the seaweed too. Main thing is that when you see that the Ich is gone, keep adding the Ich Attack for a few more days.

4. SwimsWithFish

SwimsWithFish Giant Squid

I'm no expert but like said above, that looks too big to be ich. ich usually looks like white "dust".

5. HollyG

Yea, that's what I thought too, that's why I really wanted to get a second opinion before doing anything.

6. HollyG

Oh... I just checked him and the white spots are all gone! I think it was just sand stuck to him, FEW! lol... thanks for everything guys!

7. SwimsWithFish

SwimsWithFish Giant Squid

8. Click Here!

9. turbokimmees

turbokimmees Astrea Snail

I would hate to see ick!

10. HollyG

Yea, me too! Or any desease for that matter! So far so good. Nothing too bad has happened to my tank, the worst being an algea outbreak a while back.