Clown Fish Help !

Discussion in 'ASAP' started by btcole333, Dec 18, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. btcole333

btcole333 Feather Duster

I have a 29 gallon Nano Cube Salt Water Tank. 2 months old. Clown fish has been doing well until a couple of days ago. I do not have a test kit yet so i take my water to the Fish tank store to get them to test my water and they say my water is fine. Now the clown fish is not that active and stays at the bottom. When I feed them the clown fish used to eat everything and now he will put it in his mouth and spit it out. He also has developed some white spots on him. Help please .

2. Click Here!

3. Corailline

Corailline Super Moderator

Curing Fish of Marine Ich - Reef Sanctuary

Reading the first page of this link will answer most questions regarding Marine Ich.

If you can get it to eat some food with garlic or selcon or equiv that would be benefical.

I would also do a small water change just incase the stress of bad water parameters is leading to the development of ich.

Good luck.

4. anpgp

anpgp Dragon Wrasse

+1 sounds like it could be ich, but some pics would be very helpful. And you really need to get those test kits for yourself. A LFS's idea of water is fine is usually different than our definition of water is fine.