Clown dance

Discussion in 'Breeding Tropical Fish' started by Camilsky, Nov 23, 2007.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Camilsky

Camilsky Montipora Capricornis

Hello chaps!

Just added percula clown to my display tank. There has been one already. Good ol' Bob ... :D It appears I'm lucky... They seem to be dancing. The one that has been added is definitely bigger ("so I assume") this is female... Is it possible they have paired so quickly ?! BTW, the smaller started exploration of my LR... :D

Cheers...

Last edited: Nov 23, 2007
  2. Click Here!

3. Nemo 22

Nemo 22 Coral Banded Shrimp

its just the dominance dancing that normally occurs.it happens quickly usually.it happened with my pair.i added the biger one last and she danced all day long.also nipped.

1 person likes this.
  4. Camilsky

Thanks... Good to know... Will do some additional reading about their behavior in pairs..! :)

5. amcarrig

amcarrig Super Moderator

When I added a smaller percula to a tank with a large female, they paired up within seconds.

1 person likes this.
  6. Camilsky

Ufff... Good to hear that... Thanks for feedback ... They are so funny ! Damn... I do like this hobby ... :D

7. lunatik_69

lunatik_69 Giant Squid

I've had a nemo for the last 8 yrs and I just got him/her a mate from tangster a couple of weeks ago and they hit it off the min. I put him in. In fact, the new nemo was sharing the LTA the very next day. Im just waiting to be a proud grandpa ;D

8. Click Here!

9. Camilsky

I've got one more question. My tank is not ready yet for anemone. However, I wish I could add few soft corals to my system, preferably specimens that could be hosted by clown fish. What would you advise ?!

Cheers! ;D

10. omard

omard Gnarly Old Codfish

Yep, we call it the "clown dance shimmy" ...

Once the smaller, dominated one starts that up, you have a "pair."

Congrats to the newlyweds! ;D

11. Nemo 22

Nemo 22 Coral Banded Shrimp

toadstool leather are good and bubble corals also.anenomes usually carpets(need a big tank and isky cuz they eat fish)long tentacle,bubble tip tips(i hear works perfct).but it all depends on the clown.they make up their own mind.and it sometimes takes awhile for them to go in.

12. BaxterS80

BaxterS80 Pajama Cardinal

I added a rather large perc to the tank after there had already been a smaller one in the tank for about 3 months...The smaller, male, took to the larger one right away. He does the submissive dance....They sleep together, LOL, in our Toadstool....8)