Cloudy eye

Discussion in 'ASAP' started by Siddique, Feb 28, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. CaptainNemo

CaptainNemo Astrea Snail

Now we know the whole details...It sounds like her cloudy eye is getting better (because you are taking good care of your tank's water) but she does not have a good apetite because of her new home nad new surroundings(along with different water quality)...Do whatever you can to have her eat please...When you feed is she taking a bite at all? or making an attempt at least?

2. Click Here!

3. Siddique

Siddique Dragon Wrasse

I thought about that, i assumed that it was the new surroundings causing her not to eat...However, she wasn't eating for about a week prior to me taking her from the guy... She's not making any attempt to eat at all. Someone suggested that it was because her eyes are cloudy therefore she's not seeing the food. which may be true but even when I attempt to hand feed her, she still wouldn't eat. My last hope is to get the sponges but I have had no luck... I may have to dive myself to find some.::)

4. Siddique

Siddique Dragon Wrasse

*update*

Hey everyone... This is an update on the Queen Angel stats>
    The cloudy eye is pretty much gone (Thanks Everyone)
    I put in some sponges and she began to eat (yeaaaaaaaaa)
    However, despite water changes and carbon, the water looks somewhat dirty,
    Ammonia:1.0ppm
    Nitrite:1.0ppm
    Nitrate:20
    She has now begun to stay very shy in one corner of the aquarium and brethe very rapidly. Could this be because of my water quality or the fact that she can now see properly so she tries to hide when someone is in the room. Despite water changes, the water still looks brown-ish and the parms. are still off...

5. CaptainNemo

CaptainNemo Astrea Snail

do a water change...Is your skimmer working ok?

6. Siddique

Siddique Dragon Wrasse

Did a water change yesterday and tested. Ammonia was down to 0.25ppm, Nitrite stayed the same and Nitrates are way up at 160. Gonna do another change in a bit and re-test. I compared her breathing patterns with another Queen Angel about the same size at my boss' house today and it seems to be the same. And I switched off a powerful powerhead in the tank and she's no longer sticking up in one corner. My guess that that powerhead was too powerful in the tank causing her to stay in one corner away from the strong currents. My skimmer is working fine for now. I'm no expert but I know Nitrates at 160 is BAD:-/