clearner crews

Discussion in 'Algae' started by zzzzzzzzpr, Jun 20, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. zzzzzzzzpr

zzzzzzzzpr Purple Spiny Lobster

atm i have 4 artinic420 on 2hours a day 1 b4 mh lights come on and an hour after which is a total time of 12 hours of light. thinking of dropping lighting by 2 hours. but do clearner crew really help with algae? i have 2 turbos, a few small black turbos, some ceriths, with 4 emerald crabs. algae is starting to take over some just want a little input about cleaer crews. are they worth it?

2. Click Here!

3. khowst

khowst Bangghai Cardinal

What size tank? Just from what you said though, it sounds like you do need less light & more CuC, specifically more snails. Try cutting back to 8 hours total/6hours white light for a couple days & see what that does as well as plus up on another turbo or 2.

4. zzzzzzzzpr

zzzzzzzzpr Purple Spiny Lobster

i have a 55g and was thinking of 2 more turbos. and cutting the light back was my 1st thought then getting more snails.

5. proreefer

proreefer Feather Star

well, I know i'm a little crazy and I pretty much over due everything but, i will tell you how I got to where I could look in my tanks and see not the daddagit green and brown and red stuff called micro algae.
    #1 Bad Water I got me a water filter. a 5 stage and a dts meter to tell me when to change filters.
    #2 I got me the bigest badest shimmer I could put in a 60g sump.
    #3 I put in 1 Turbo Snail per gallon of water so in my 220g tank thats 220 snails.
    #4 I put in 1 Blue Leg Crab per 2g of water so that was 110 crabs in my 220g tank
    #5 I put in 50 peppermint shrimp to eat those glass creatures that kill everything they touch and 1 copperband buterfly fish to get what they miss.
    #6 I put in 1 yellow tang and 1 red sailfin tank and one starry blenny.
    Now i'll tell you truth I have to feed these algae eating creature's algae everyday, twice a day or they will starve.
    Now I magnet my front glass about once a week. I know this is a little over board but it's what I did so I could enjoy my little ocean's. James