Cleaner shrimp

Discussion in 'Inverts' started by extremeshocks87, Dec 14, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Peredhil

Peredhil Giant Squid

I don't have good luck with shrimp either.

The first Peppermint I put in there is still there.

But other than that one, I've lost 2 peppermints and 1 skunk. They all simply vanished (effective CuC) after about a month of having them.

I shelfed the idea of having more than one at a time... for now.

2. Click Here!

3. extremeshocks87

extremeshocks87 Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

Ok guys and girls today i went to my lfs and got a grond probe and got a copper kit. Well i was there i had him test my water and my salinity with all his fancy monitors. They all tested great I am really lost now i wish we found something wrong so i could fix it. Does everyone think that the ground probe might be the ticket? man o man i am lost on this one. Thanks eveyone

4. missionsix

missionsix Super Moderator Staff Member

What about the iodine?

5. extremeshocks87

.03 ppm he said that was good dont know how much or how little i should have but he said that is good or a little low his it at .05 ppm?? sound rite???

6. connemark

connemark Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

I had the same problem with cleaner shrimp as well. Lost two with in 24 hours after purchasing. I am trying to remove the aptasias the natural way instead of using a chemical. The first death was due to difference in salt levels between my tank and the lfs and I didn't acclimate properly. The second died from unknown causes but probably due to stress. I was giving up on the shrimp all together but was at the lfs and bought another. Before adding the shrimp I did a huge water change (50g) and let the shrimp sit in the fuge for an hour before starting the drip. In he went to the DT and everything looked fine. However the next day I thought he died due to what i thought was his carcass on the top of a piece of rock. Luckily it molted the first night and it was found munching on some poor atpies. I am thinking this was a problem with the lfs water/tanks it was housed in and missing some trace elements.

7. nallender

nallender Astrea Snail

that is perfect.. you want to aim for .02 - .04

8. Click Here!

9. extremeshocks87

Thanks everyone for your help. Still we have no anwsers but i will give it some more time and i will try another. I just dont understand my other inverts are doing great and my fish too. Thanks again
    mike

10. 10acrewoods

10acrewoods Fire Goby

could just be a bunch of bum shrimp