Clean up crew

Discussion in 'Inverts' started by Peredhil, Oct 2, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Av8Bluewater

Av8Bluewater Giant Squid

I can't see the face .. ehehe

2. Click Here!

3. Peredhil

Peredhil Giant Squid

I just thought of something that I think I should include in this. ]

When I first got my lights, I only had actinics running. Since then, I've increased the 10k, starting at 0, one hour per week. I am now running the 10k 4 hours per day. Got a few more weeks of this light adjustment.

4. Peredhil

Peredhil Giant Squid

karma for whomever draws an arrow at it first!

5. Peredhil

Peredhil Giant Squid

Todays pic

[​IMG]

The green on the glass I mentioned the other day is going away.

Getting close.

6. Peredhil

Peredhil Giant Squid

Today's update is neat. Look what I found!

[​IMG]

Tiniest snail ever. :p I was amazed I even saw it. Baby I guess. Not sure what kind. It took 12 shots before I got that one - would not focus on it!

Next, I don't know if you can see this, but I have all these white spots on the glass. I noticed they seemed to be moving. Grabbed my magnifying glass. I couldn't tell you what they are or if they're great or horrible, but they are definitely crawly things.

[​IMG]

I'll probably stick that on the ID This section. Stupid thumb reflection.

7. getinpora

getinpora Coral Banded Shrimp

talk about putting johns co. on the spot. it turned out good. my son and i bought a package from him they were small but now it all good they grew and are still kicking butt.

8. Click Here!

9. johnmaloney

johnmaloney 3reef Sponsor

little white crawly things - copepods? Probably, looks like it from that picture. Pods are great to have...free fish food that will help clean the tank. Unless they start working on those two spots on the front glass soon, I don't think they will make the deadline.

10. johnmaloney

johnmaloney 3reef Sponsor

I guess wiping the front on the 25th is acceptable. I wish they would just find that area, they got the surrounding area pretty well. How are the rocks coming along?

11. ermano

ermano Zoanthid

;) there's a tank under all that algae!? awesome progress Peredhil! It's cool watching it slowly get cleaned!

12. Peredhil

Peredhil Giant Squid

I wouldn't say I'm putting ReefCleaners.org | Clean Up Crews and Macro Algae - Home on the spot - more like I'm showing them off! I'm extremely pleased with the clean up crew!

I feel a bit silly, but I was (mistakenly) under the wrong impression of what pods were. I asked around last night and am now sure those white dots are pods! So I've got a good population of those little dudes.

I had a bit of a fresh outbreak on my rocks. So whereas I normally increase my 10K by one hour per week (currently they run for 4 hours a day), I'm not going to increase this week to give the tank a chance to catch up.

I'll post new pics today, but it is really looking great. Just two spots left on the front, more or less. I'll probably clean the glass this weekend.