clean-up crew per gallon

Discussion in 'New To The Hobby' started by nanonooners, Jun 30, 2011.

1. nanonooners

nanonooners Astrea Snail

I have a 20 gallon tank with 30 pounds live rock, 15 pounds live sand. 2 clown fish.

I need to know how big of a clean-up crew I will need to keep this tank under control. I currently have 3 snails and 2 electric blue hermit crabs. It has been a week and they haven't even put a dent in the algea. How many more snails, hermits, or shrimp should I have in my 20 gallon tank?

I want variety in my clean-up crew so if you could tell me good combinations of species that would be helpful.

I am also interested in getting some kind of crab.
  2. Click Here!

3. wasitgreen

wasitgreen Feather Duster

I got 50 Blue Leg hermits during a sale for my 40B and have 1 snail (I think it's a turbo) and it took <1 hour to turn a rock that was pure hair algae into an algaeless rock, I think it's generally ~1 hermit per gallon, though I'm not sure on that.
  4. khowst

khowst Bangghai Cardinal

Shoot a pm to john or post a thread in the reefcleaners.org section. Visit his web site & he has prepackaged CuC's or can make one for you. reefcleaners is the A+ place to get what you need & a sponsor to boot.
  5. Coastie Reefer

Coastie Reefer Millepora

Reefcleaners.org is having a 15% sale during the 4th of July weekend, check out the sponser section. John has quick crews for every size you can imagine, and the customer service is the best around!!!