Resolved Clarkii help please.

Discussion in 'ASAP' started by highdesertreef, Feb 11, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. highdesertreef

highdesertreef Flamingo Tongue

I just received my new clarkii and it has been swimming on it's side since i opened the box. I am still aclimating and it hasn't even gone into the QT yet. Is this normal for clarkii clowns? Is there anything I can do aside from just aclimating and waiting?

2. Click Here!

3. karlas

karlas Fire Goby

I never delt with a clarkii clown but i know other clowns like false and true perculas can lay on there side and ive even seen mine sit upside down with there head facing down when i turned off the lights for the night. Maby your clown might be adjusting to its environment just keep an eye on him and see how he does.

4. dowtish

dowtish Horrid Stonefish

I agree, I have seen clown fish (all different) lay on their sides. All you can do is wait. Unfortunately worrying doesnt really help you, but it might just help the fish. Keep a close watch, and hopefully he will pull out of his shock from shipping.

Good Luck!

5. Crimson Ghost

Crimson Ghost Blue Ringed Angel

Good chance he is simply stressed and will recover - acclimate as you normally would and keep an eye on things. Getting tossed in a bag and jolted around is a rather stressful ordeal for the little guy.

Monitor his breathing, behavior, eye's and body condition and report back anything out of the norm.

6. highdesertreef

highdesertreef Flamingo Tongue

Thanks for the info guys. After several hours in the new tank hes acting normal and breathing fine so it must have been just stress. I have never had a fish do that before which is why I was worried.