clam vs dwarf angel

Discussion in 'Clams' started by eelgirl, Jan 13, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. eelgirl

eelgirl Feather Duster

where abouts? im on the coast. im still new to this and cant remember alot of the names (so fogive me if i misspell)
    i have mushrooms, birds of paradise, moni cap & encrusting, a couple acro blasto, a lobo and zoas
    i also do things when im told not to. eels and lions are not ever supposed to be together..it seems to be very frownd upon but we did it anyway and they leave eachother alone just fine. :p eels also arnt supposed to be with crustaceans but he lets the cleaner shrimp clean him all the time haha

2. Click Here!

3. MoJoe

MoJoe Dragon Wrasse

I'm in Fairfield, not far from the coast.

I actually just talked to the LFS and they did get a bi-color for me, oh no, here I go :). Wish me luck!

4. eelgirl

eelgirl Feather Duster

oh yay. ur gonna love it! (if its like mine) it will peck at things but will mostly leave coral be. they have great personalities and are an under-rated fish. good luck! let me know how it goes!

1 person likes this.
  5. kcbrad

kcbrad Giant Squid

I've definitely read bi-colors are one of the worst offenders of eating clams, coral, etc. But it's always hit or miss with dwarf angels. And yours doesn't bother your coral now, but might in a year...or a month...or two years.

Keep her well fed and with algae strips and hopefully she will stay away from the clam!

6. ibefishy

ibefishy Montipora Capricornis

I had a bicolor angel for almost a year and it was great never bothered my clams, but then one day it sampled the mantle and from then on wouldnt leave it alone, so I had to get rid of the fish.

7. eelgirl

eelgirl Feather Duster

That would really suck I love my angel. Il get rid of the clam before her. Hopefully she doesn't decide to eat coral too