CJ's BoostLED Bulb Review

Discussion in 'LED Aquarium Lighting' started by ComputerJohn, Oct 15, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. ComputerJohn

ComputerJohn Panda Puffer

Thank you. Can't wait to see yours! Lowes doesn't carry them anymore? I still believe Home Depot stocks them, but I'll tell you for sure. I'm heading there now. I still need to refine my mounting system onto my suspended ceiling. It's still temporary. :)

2. Click Here!

3. ComputerJohn

ComputerJohn Panda Puffer

OMG!!! I just noticed I have over 1100 views.. I'm impressed.. ;)

4. montecarloz38

montecarloz38 Fire Shrimp

Are you planing to add a 10k or higher color for the white or you like your blue look? Also when are you going to finish the fixture for your 90 and how many bulbs do you think it will need also what is the wattage used for those bulbs will total ? Im liking this and want to replace my t5's on my 90 as well ;)

5. Nismo400rgtr

Nismo400rgtr Teardrop Maxima Clam

[​IMG]

This is the canopy built, painted and sockets in place.

[​IMG]

Wiring completed and testing

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Over the tank. Set them high to acclimate corals properly but I'll drop them about an inch a week until there about 5 inches or so from the top, or my corals
    Respond negatively.
    [​IMG]

6. Seano Hermano

Seano Hermano Giant Squid

This looks great CJ.

I went to Lowe's today & looked at several different options for lighting. I was thinking of installing the bulbs in track lighting or pendents or even can lights, possibly installing them to a switch in the house &/or a plug like a normal light fixture.

What happened to that cone reflector you had?

It looks like you lowered the lights over the 29?

7. Nismo400rgtr

The Problem I came across was that most track lighting fixtures don't use standard screw sockets but rather G9 type sockets.Also,I needed them to drop from the ceiling a lot further than most track/pendants for sale do.My Canopy is actually suspended by Hooks screwed into studs in the ceiling with chain-link.Not the prettiest but like I said a few posts ago,just need it to function. The whole thing probably weighs 40lbs.!! Sorry pics are so dark...only have Iphone 3GS so no flash :(.

8. Click Here!

9. Seano Hermano

There is some newer track lighting that is like pendents, but on a closed track. Normal(the old stuff), if in a canopy, would corrode and get damaged, because the track is open.

10. Nismo400rgtr

Yeah corrosion would be a problem. I have acrylic over my tank currently.Winter months are just too cold in my apartment to leave it open...heater would be on non-stop!! Perhaps in the summer months.I found a really nice looking Track lighting fixture on-line that had four sockets,was nickel finished and had telescopic pendants which was perfect...too bad the price wasn't- $300!!! You Order your bulb/s yet Hermano?

11. xmetalfan99

xmetalfan99 Giant Squid

Odd question for you. How tall are the bulbs?

Looks good. I think i may do mine like that.

12. Seano Hermano

haha. Sadly, no I have not. Still working on plumbing. Trying to take this one step at a time. Soon though, I will.