CJ's BoostLED Bulb Review

Discussion in 'LED Aquarium Lighting' started by ComputerJohn, Oct 15, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. ComputerJohn

ComputerJohn Panda Puffer

I hear ya.. If this works out well, I'm switching my 48" T5 fixture on my 90gal DT to these LEDS. We'll see..

2. Click Here!

3. ComputerJohn

Well, I have my new 29gal system up and running, but it's cloudy do to the sand. Waiting for it to clear up. I have the lighting mounts that I'm going to use. I really lucked out, without the need to build a set for it.

4. Nismo400rgtr

Nismo400rgtr Teardrop Maxima Clam

Probably going to be building the fixture tomorrow.Waiting for the ceiling mount kit that's due to arrive Monday.Very simple design for me...just wood and wiring.I'll try to get pics when I can.Hopefully it all works as planned.

5. Seano Hermano

Seano Hermano Giant Squid

Sounds good, guys. I'll be waiting. :)

I think making them into pendents would be easiest, but wouldn't look the best with a canopy. So I am going to try & come up with a bracketing fixture to hold the bulbs in a canopy.

6. Nismo400rgtr

Hopefully it's something better than what I'm making to give me some inspiration.I'm just trying to make something to get the job done...spent $55 on all the supplies today.I didn't incorporate some sort of cooling but rather hope that 2 1/2" of free-space around the bulbs will be enough for heat dissipation.

7. Seano Hermano

Seano Hermano Giant Squid

Well I don't have the bulb yet...hoping to order them within the next week or two.

Mine will be something like a basic frame with open space around the bulbs. I'm not completely sure. That;'s just my rough idea.

I'll be sure to start the thread once I get the bulbs.

8. Click Here!

9. Nismo400rgtr

Cool...Should be sooner than me.All I have are iphone pics so they won't be great but I'll get em on when I can.

10. ComputerJohn

I had do to a lot of custom work on my 29gal & finished up at 4:11am. Well I mounted the lighting temporary for now, but wanted to see what they looked like, plus I added a zoa polyp that was loose off of my main colony and attached it to a frag plug. I must say it was closed up last night, but after 24hrs its loving the lighting. It's fully opened.

Sent from my HTC EVO using Tapatalk

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. Midwayman1968

Midwayman1968 Spaghetti Worm

Lighting has a nice color and balance to it. Do you have flow going to notice any shimmer?

12. ComputerJohn

I am getting a shimmer, just not noticeable with pic. I'll take a video when I get home.

Sent from my HTC EVO using Tapatalk