Cigars for all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Breeding Tropical Fish' started by truck24000, Jan 25, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. truck24000

truck24000 Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

last night i went to bed and was checking out my tank before retiring for the night, all was well but this morning i look in my sump/fuge and there were 4 little bangal cardnalfish, i was worried about the pair before as they were a little terratorial and one was not eating as well as before.
    I guess they were sucked down into the sump and only 4 of them made it past the skimmer:-[

2. Click Here!

3. Dador

Dador Coral Banded Shrimp

Woooow. Do you have a sceen on your overflow?

4. truck24000

truck24000 Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

no screen but am looking into that now LOL

5. Tangster

Tangster 3reef Sponsor

LOL welcome to the world of the Bangaii Cardinal LOL They will breed every 30 days or so as the fry flush away.. makes great reef food and you know they are semi mouth breeders I assume .. You will notice the lower Jay distends and looks different when they are carrying eggs.. I have had them to live generations in my overflows and they fry grew then there where just 2 in a overflow then they would spawn . If you have enough rock work many fry will reach maturity in the tank until the pecking order gets them under control .. Daddy/Momma ? LOL

6. lunatik_69

lunatik_69 Giant Squid

:clapping: congrats on your new additions. Now you can start selling the rug rats to help with tank costs and over head:hehe: I just smoked a Romeo & Juliet in your behalf.:smoking: Luna

7. ReefSparky

ReefSparky Super Moderator

That's a GREAT story! Your water conditions must be fantastic! Have you named them yet? Do they have health insurance? Cribs? Hopefully there are some good schools in your area. LOL. Schools.

8. Click Here!

9. ziggy222

ziggy222 Fire Goby

thats great.i hear tank raised cardnals last over twice as long so their worth more.

10. bmshehan

bmshehan Fu Manchu Lion Fish

that will be a long drive... I'd suggest just mailing my cigar!;D sounds cool, congrats!