Cigarettes and Reef tanks!

Discussion in 'New To The Hobby' started by marc1986, Aug 21, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Iraf

Iraf Snowflake Eel

that is a great idea, karma from me to here

2. Click Here!

3. cuttingras

cuttingras Starving Artist :)

Wow I'm late on this but I gotta say...

I'm a smoker, 37 years(no, not proud just over it) and counting, there is no hope for me. I've done the Zyban(made me psycho woman), acupuncture, laser, patch, cold turkey, the gum and hypnosis and I'm good for 3 months. I think trying that many times mean I do want to quit. I was a life long nail biter until the Dr. put me on Lexapro, for "seasonal" depression, should have been on that one years ago. After I go (usually) 3 months I GOTTA, and I mean GOTTA! have one. I could kill for one. I can feel it going into my throat and down to my lungs and I can even taste it. Of course I get a hold of one and it's all over with then, it's like a crack addiction. I've done all the things, take a walk, drink water, carry a water bottle, carry a pencil, suck on a candy, distract and overcome my butt.

I really don't think smoking hurts your tank unless you have a contraption made to use it as a bong or water pipe. I smoked for years in the same little 10x12 foot room that my tank was in and I'm pretty sure it did nothing. Since I've started smoking outside I haven't seen any withdrawl symptoms out of my fish or inverts... I say if ya gotta smoke, smoke outside and eat brownies instead! Hurts no one but you!;D

4. PackLeader

PackLeader Giant Squid

As to the "other" smokeable substance, it's not fish you have to worry about. Apparently, its chipmunks!

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  5. R34dawn

R34dawn Ocellaris Clown

Funnee!.about the squirrell...lol. Ok GoToSleep I do respect your opinion and the opinion of others, but there is a big difference between when and who was borne then? may I explain? when you turn your TV back in the 60's and early 70's there was cigarette tv adds and also there was liquor adds from different brands that advertise to us constantly, my dad and mom neither one smoke. me started when I was 12yo when I was 3 to 8yo my and my mom rode in shuttles like for a small fee, so did other people with no respect for a none smoking woman and her young boy, to light a cigarette or a much more asphyxiating Cuban cigar for an asthmatic kid. to make the story short I hate this habit, but it isn't as simple to kick, as some that smoke just to look cool in high school or college for as short is 15yrs or so. I've would love to spend this money on something other than smoke to pollute others peoples eyes with it. don't mean to say I ain't quitting, just that things change around me! anyway alquihol is pretty bad to your health also but they still advertised, what has claimed more lives? the choice is ours till we become Communists or something. PLEASE excuse me!!! if I have offend anyone that drink, smoke, don't drink, or don't smoke, vegetarian, or carnivore!

6. marc1986

marc1986 Skunk Shrimp

Cute lil Chipmunk :) We shall call him stoney :)

7. cuttingras

cuttingras Starving Artist :)

Cute! :lol: hey you ever wanna know who in your town smokes, other than the chipmunk? Deliver pizza! You'll meet everyone of them LOL

8. Click Here!

9. amcarrig

amcarrig Super Moderator

Talking about something other than pot smoking would be a good idea right about now ;) :)

10. marc1986

marc1986 Skunk Shrimp

haha!

Oh I know...I've been over my friend's house many a nights and they are just going to town on some chocolate zingers...then they get the idea of ordering pizza...when that runs out... :)

11. marc1986

marc1986 Skunk Shrimp

No offense taken here R34Dawn... :)

I'm certain every smoker, me included wish we never started smoking in the first place...

And I would also like to point out that I am a very respectful smoker :)

12. KOgle

KOgle Zoanthid

Just when I was about to chime in...