Cigarettes and Reef tanks!

Discussion in 'New To The Hobby' started by marc1986, Aug 21, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. amcarrig

amcarrig Super Moderator

2. Click Here!

3. RHorton

RHorton Pajama Cardinal

I take that, been on them for a while. I've gone from 2 packs a day down to half a pack when I remember to take them.Make sure you eat something first.I just have to make the plunge of quitting now.

4. marc1986

marc1986 Skunk Shrimp

I hear ya!

I just need a Dr.'s appt...so I can get the dang prescription...not to mention the cash to buy it..

5. Iraf

Iraf Snowflake Eel

Just put the kool aid pitcher on top of something tall and tell him to go make some... make sure to take pics

as for my mom, she was a 2-3 packs a day for about 30yrs but 10+ with cancer, even having 1 lung removed and still smoking

I quit quite easily, I went and had 2 wisdom teeth pulled and just never smoked again, dunno why just said hey i went a day without a smoke, then 2, then a week, then a month, and so on like said above, keep yourself busy, or give yourself some kind of motivation and it makes it alot easier, just telling yourself your going to quit usually won't cut it

6. Tangster

Tangster 3reef Sponsor

Thats what I did I figures I was at 4 pack a day at 30 ct per and I went to Circuit City and brought the bigest and best T.V they had in 77 and went day to day and used the smoke money for the payment :) paid that off fast LOL when the jumped to 45 then 50 then 55 to 65 then 75 a pack :) they went pricing crazy from State and fed taxing

7. R34dawn

R34dawn Ocellaris Clown

You could get a pack of marlboro in washington state for 35 cent in 1981...lol

8. Click Here!

9. PharmrJohn

PharmrJohn The Dude

We dispense quite a bit of the Chantix out of our pharmacy and it seems to be working quite well. The only thing is......and this is key........you have to want to quit.

I was a 1 pack a day smoker. I quit eight years ago when my girlfriend (wife now) told me it's either the cigs or her. So on March 1st 2000, I quit. Cold turkey. It sucked. Bad. But I was motivated, and I know I never want to go through that again, so I stay off 'em.

So get the attitude and go for it. .....And yeah, think of the lighting system you could buy if you just didn't smoke for a month or two. At one pack a day $6/pack=$180 in 30 days. Lots 'o cash.

Good luck bro.......

1 person likes this.
  10. marc1986

marc1986 Skunk Shrimp

Thanks Pharmrjohn...That was a great story...

I admit...I do want to quit...horribly...I'm just a sucker for peer pressure I guess...I have a very demanding/stressful job...

and everyone here smokes...everything I have read suggests ridding yourself from being around smokers...which is difficult to do...as all (and I mean all) of my friends smoke as well...

I know I have the will power...

I'll get that Chantix soon...I just don't wanna go through the withdraws...

11. GoToSleep

GoToSleep Torch Coral

Maybe you could make things a little more interesting for your coworkers or friends. Get everyone to kick a months worth of cigarette money into a pool. At the end of a month (or 2 or 3) whoever is still smoke free splits the pot. It helps provide a little extra motivation for everyone.

2 people like this.
  12. PharmrJohn

PharmrJohn The Dude

That is an excellent idea. K+