Cigarettes and Reef tanks!

Discussion in 'New To The Hobby' started by marc1986, Aug 21, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. {Nano}Reefer

{Nano}Reefer Dragon Wrasse

hey im a non SMORKER too ;D;D;D!!!

2. Click Here!

3. marc1986

marc1986 Skunk Shrimp

It wouldn't make me quit...LOL...however, I do think that the need is somewhat imperitive...Due to the financial aspect of it all...

That's true...

I think the only thing that would make me quit is if I was offered a new car...or something...lol

4. Iraf

Iraf Snowflake Eel

my input on it. I started smoking when i was 16, quit at 21, now 28 and havent had one in 7 years just the smell of a cig makes me gag now.

My mother passed away this past febuary 2 weeks before her 43rd b-day (yeah she had me at 16) from lung cancer, still take a new car to make you consider not smoking?

5. {Nano}Reefer

hey Marc, i literally just quit a few weeks ago after 8 years of smoking, although i was never near a pack a day it was still tough. you HAVE to keep yourself busy, keep your mind occupied, and do something constructive...thats the only way i had the strength to do it, instead of smoking a ciggarette i excersised like i was training for a marathon, went on 5 mile walks, runs, bike-rides and everything in between. ate healthy, and eventually kicked the habbit...i guess you have to want to quit, with a STRONG willpower anyone can do it :)

6. marc1986

marc1986 Skunk Shrimp

sorry for your loss...

However, I do believe that many things nowadays cause cancer...My grandfather, for instance, smoked four packs a day and died of old age...

Of course we are wreckless with our own lives...but that's just it...it's our life.

I heard of this pill called Chantix...supposedly works really well to assist the quitting aspect...I'm looking into it!!!

Wish me luck!! :)

7. {Nano}Reefer

sorry to hear that, how long did she smoke for and how much?

8. Click Here!

9. Tangster

Tangster 3reef Sponsor

If its me you asked this of ? I started as a kid behind the old tobacco Barn on the old family tobacco farm about 8 or 9 yrs old with my older cousin he was like 14 or so :)

My city family all worked in Cigarette factories always had them laying around . When I worked for Phillip Morris it was all you wanted and 2 packs to take home daily.. So I was always exposed and in the 50's everyone smoked .. I puffed 2 packs a day until I was drafted then that went up then in Nam It went to 3 + a day to 4 a day I was 27 in 77 and went through a 40" blizzard paid 20.00 for 2 Cartons and all the candy my son could get in his pockets :) as the A&P had no power for change Cartons at that time where just $3.29 Drove home damn near totaled my new Blazer threw my son into the front console from the back . Idiot slide through a stop sign I got home went into the house put the smokes on the coffee table and thought about the addiction and never smoked another one .. ever and can't stand the smell of them now Amcarrig had to stop if I was going to hang around she did :) so here I are. I myself just quit just once :)

10. amcarrig

amcarrig Super Moderator

The things I do for you! :angry:;D

11. Tangster

Tangster 3reef Sponsor

Same here all my uncels and aunts and even my mother who smoked all died before 59 to 60 yrs old .. those who never smoked lived to be 80's to 90's and they just died from Death :) healthy until they kicked the bucket .. No Cancers or heart attacks or strokes just they all got old wore out and died .

12. Tangster

Tangster 3reef Sponsor

Oh really! I think you got the better of the deal and if you ever want shed of me ! Just buy a pack and light up :) Color me gone ! LOL see what i did for you ? Made you healthier and saved you money heck I'm a bargain at twice the price..I make great Kool Aid Ohhhh yeaaaaaa