cichhlids desease

Discussion in 'Cichlids' started by subhas, Feb 10, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. subhas

subhas Plankton

i have a small tank 30 Litres, and its been populated by 4 oragange lilupi and 2 ocellatus. I recently moved the tank as i had to move house , and i replaced all the water back and the fish were only out of the tank in a bucket for 30 mins or so. 2 weeks laters and a small lilupi has it seems to have caught something.
    The tail of this fish looks completely white and eaten, the fish also started behaving quite bizaarly. First it sits ontop of the water filter which is almost out of the water. Secondly now it is hiding in a shell and refuses to come out. One ocellatus is also rather agressive and tends to attack him regular now, maybe because he is sitting in his shell !
    I have raised the temp to 30degrees, and i have added some marine salt. Thininking it might be white spot related. However all the other fish are ok, and there is no sign of white spots, just a white patch on the anal fin, and the tail of the body.

Any idea of what this might be ?

2. Click Here!

3. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

Perhaps this started when you re-arranged the tank and changed their territories... but it could be related to the water - did you actually re-use the old water after the move?

4. subhas

subhas Plankton

yeah used the same water, you think the rearranging of the tank could do this ?
    anyway the little fella died and it looks like the others ate him. all i found was a small part of his fin !

5. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

Sorry to hear that!
    Well re-arranging would explain the recent aggressive behavior but hard to say.