Chromis Mouth Fungus

Discussion in 'Fish Diseases' started by aquaboy, Jul 27, 2007.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. aquaboy

aquaboy Panda Puffer

While looking at my tank i noticed i had a chromis with a nasty case of mouth fungus. Right now i'm treating it with melafix. Has anyone had experiance with melafix?:confused:

2. Click Here!

3. mattgeezer

mattgeezer Montipora Capricornis

ive used on goldfish it works. I sure it would work .:)

4. djnzlab1

djnzlab1 Aiptasia Anemone

be sure your water is Ok

Hi,
    Be sure the water is at the correct paramaters, I don't belive chromis are very suseptable to fungus unless they are stressed.
    Things like amomnia, nitrates and the usuall KH water changes, waste build up.
    Be sure you feed a little spirella daily , I like the one enriched with garlic.
    They are supposed to be pretty resilant compared to some of the fish.
    Doug

Last edited: Jul 27, 2007
  5. aquaboy

aquaboy Panda Puffer

Thanks for the advice, while i was away for like 2 hours i stopped at a marine fish store, and asked about it. The guy told me to keep up the treatment. so i am. ill post a reply every other day with updates on its health!:-[

6. aquaboy

aquaboy Panda Puffer

!!!!! after checking on my fish today i noticed its mouth has turned like a blood red!!!!!! is this normal with mouth fungus or treatment?????

OTHERWISE.......shes acting normal and trying to eat, but when she tries to eat she shakes it out of her mouth and swims away.......poor thing.
    :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[

7. aquaboy

aquaboy Panda Puffer

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

now she is having trouble swimming in oben water. i found her swimming up and down the wall this morning and noticed the redness is moving towards her gill slits, but her mouth looks even less swollen than before..... i hope she makes it!!!

8. Click Here!

9. aquaboy

aquaboy Panda Puffer

She's gone, found her being eaten by crabs!!! :( :( :( :( :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry: im resilient though and will not leave the hobby. i still have my ocellaris, 2 other chromis, and a firefish. I checked my parameters and all was well. Personally i believe she was being picked on by the other 2 in the "group" and would hide all day long. i believe that theat stress opened her up to diseases. well now she wont be picked on anymore...... :bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry: