Chocolate Chip Starfish won't eat

Discussion in 'Inverts' started by fishgirlheather, Apr 15, 2004.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. fishgirlheather

fishgirlheather Astrea Snail

I have had my starfish for over 4 months and have never seen him eat. He used to take small pieces of krill while on the glass but lately he has been lying on the sand. He is starting to look smaller and his color is fading. Does anybody have any suggestions on what I can feed him?

2. Click Here!

3. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

4. seawillow

seawillow Coral Banded Shrimp

I have a chocolate chip and he's doing great. He's not in my reef, though. I've heard, too, that they aren't reef safe. He's very visible all the time and seems to be well fed. Guess he's getting what he needs. :)

5. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

Hey raffle winner :) do you feed your starfish directly?

6. Phil5613

Phil5613 Purple Spiny Lobster

One of my favorite horror stories, About 15 years ago when i was really fresh in the reef hobby I had a 30 gallon with fish and lava rock standard lighting and brought home a sebae, a mandrian goby and a choclate star that my lfs at the time said would be "perfect" for my setup. Well long story short mandrian dead in 3 weeks , Starfish and sebae doing well, 6 weeks sebae doing badly but I am nursing it along with brine shrimp, ^ weeks 1 day chocalate is now eating the anemone when I wake up. That is the last time I mix chocolate star in any sort of reef, yes a lot has changed since then but that sour tatse stays