Chemiclean before and after PICS ADDED

Discussion in 'Water Chemistry' started by kwinter1, Jul 26, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. pink4miss

pink4miss Panda Puffer

also if you have a drain line on your skimmer where you can hook up a line to flow into a larger container, hook this up and watch it let it push out about a gallon or so of those bubbles. this helped me get mine going.
    remember to adjust your salt back to where it should be. mix some saltwater up to use as the top off to replace what you pulled out

2. Click Here!

3. reefermadnes

reefermadnes Bristle Worm

Turn your skimmer down so it takes the cup a few minutes to fill up and just start emptying it and adding water. I did that both times I used it and it took about an hour till it quit foaming. Make sure to top off first.

4. MarineDepot

MarineDepot 3reef Sponsor

This is an excellent tip. This is exactly how I do it and recommend it to others. I find that it really speeds up the process and helps get the skimmer working usually within the same day.

Dan

5. kwinter1

kwinter1 Corkscrew Tentacle Anemone

Thought I would show a little before and after. Now the giant patches here i sucked out and picked out as much as possible, but it broke apart and fell back in. The chemiclean killed what was left and wiped my fuge clean I couldn't even see in it before the chemi clean.
    Before:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Nasty I know right, I was embarassed to show it before but here is after:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    First time I could see in my fuge for a month
    [​IMG]
    Sorry pictures are terrible they are from my phone can't afford fish and a camera lol

6. kwinter1

So, My thoughts on chemiclean. Thumbs up I would use it again and tell other to use it. Only downside is trying to get your skimmer going again. We will see how my tank looks in a week but I think I corrected the issue aiding the cyano. I used this to wipe the slate clean to see if we have a "fair" fight. This is how I am trying to get my skimmer going by having bubble run off.
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  7. vankirk

vankirk Sea Dragon

Congrats on getting the upper hand. Glad you can show your tank off now. :)

8. Click Here!

9. kwinter1

Thanx gonna be a little while until I can truely show it off though, still lots of work to be done. SPS garden here we go lol

10. barbianj

barbianj Hammer Head Shark

For future reference, three days lights out will yield the same results, without the skimmer issues. In either case, you still need to correct the problem at the source, or the cyano will come back.

11. kwinter1

Did three days lights out didn't help. I replaced all my filters in my rodi unit now producing 0 tds again, cut feedings down, and switched brands of gfo to I think a better quality. This removed all my cyano so hopefully my good macros have a better chance of growing and absorbing phosphates. Still thinking of making light cycle an hour shorter.

12. barbianj

barbianj Hammer Head Shark

There you go. Odd that the lights out didn't work. Looked like you had monster cyano, though.