Chemiclean before and after PICS ADDED

Discussion in 'Water Chemistry' started by kwinter1, Jul 26, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. kwinter1

kwinter1 Corkscrew Tentacle Anemone

Bought chemiclean today waiting to put it in until I get some more Rodi ready. Anyboday have any negatives about this stuff? I cleaned out as much of red hair and cyano that I could by hand and with a 10 gal WC. seriously like 2 lbs of slime it was gross it was gross. Any input would be great I know I need to do a 20% WC in 48 hrs and protein skimmer will probably go crazy(will be shut off with all filtrationduring the 48). Anything I am missing ?

2. Click Here!

3. kwinter1

Well its in I will let you know what I think in 48 hrs

4. reefermadnes

reefermadnes Bristle Worm

I have used it in two different tanks with no side effects. Just follow the directions. Did you turn off your skimmer? It might be a good Idea to do a larger wc then it calls for because once you turn your skimmer back on it will go crazy and overflow.

5. kwinter1

will do thanks

6. MarineDepot

MarineDepot 3reef Sponsor

Using these types of red slime removers will deplete the oxygen in the aquarium. We always recommend using air stones in the aquarium to oxygenate the water during treatment.

Dan

7. kwinter1

Good to know thanks Dan. Changed 30 gallons, it was all the water i had ready and flipped on my skimmer it freaked out so I pland tot do another 15 - 20 tomorrow. But, it WORKED that's for sure.

8. Click Here!

9. pink4miss

pink4miss Panda Puffer

when i used red slime remover, i left my skimmer running but pulled the collection cup off. this way it can help with oxygen. it just bubbled and ran and over flowed back into the sump. i also placed a plastic container over the top of the skimmer cone to keep bubbles from wetting everything around it.
    would have worked to leave the collection cup on and just let it run and over flow also, but it was a bit more messy that way.

10. kwinter1

What is the best way to get my skimmer going again obviously change more water anything else I can do? it is a foam party under my tank !

11. Thatgrimguy

Thatgrimguy Flying Squid

Took over 3 weeks for me to be able to skim again... I did 210 gallons+ of w/c during that period on my 250g of water volume...

12. pink4miss

pink4miss Panda Puffer

you can turn the air way down on it, its what i did when i restarted, and open up the outflow

Last edited: Jul 30, 2012