Chemi Pure Elite-- To Do , or Not To Do

Discussion in 'Water Chemistry' started by Indiana Boy, Dec 29, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Indiana Boy

Indiana Boy Coral Banded Shrimp

I am interested in using a chemical filtration media in my canister filter. all of my parameters are perfect. my phosphate is a little less than .25, but no issues.
    i have heard that chemi pure elite is a good product. it also has GFO to help reduce phosphates. i currently do not dose anything. i do water changes consistently and use Red Sea Coral Pro Salt.
    Is this product (Chemi Pure Elite) a good thing to use in my 55 reef? Any input as to pros or cons would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You,
    JP

2. Click Here!

3. Indiana Boy

BTW- I am not having any paramater issues, however i get a slight amount of green hair algea and i was hoping that this product would help to keep it in check, as well as being beneficial to my system. i go above and beyond to use natural products and perform proper husbandry for my system, fish and corals. i realize that "if its not broke, dont fix it", however, i was just hoping that using a product like this would only make my system better. if this is not the case, maybe i should continue doing without it.

4. inwall75

inwall75 Giant Squid

Very nice product. We use it in a lot of our maintenance accounts. It helps compensate for the fact that most of our customers overfeed.

5. Indiana Boy

okay, thanks, inwall75. i believe that it could only help. i am ordering now. thanks

6. Indiana Boy

inwall75, i ordered several of the 11.74 oz packages for use in my 55. How often do you recommend changing the media? thank you for your help.

7. inwall75

inwall75 Giant Squid

When nitrates start to rise again and the clarity of your water goes down.

PS....when you put it in your canister, use filter floss around it so that the water goes THROUGH the bag as opposed to AROUND IT.

8. Click Here!

9. Steve34

Steve34 Feather Star

Well I'm going to go along for the ride as I just put it in my tank as well so I look forward to the comments.

10. BoBo65

BoBo65 Torch Coral

i plan on putting in my tank as well just havnt made it to a fishy store and tryin to stay away from website... they all make me wanna spend my money lol :D

11. Corailline

Corailline Super Moderator

I have been using chemi-pure elite for 3 years, I have been happy with the results.

:)

12. pink4miss

pink4miss Panda Puffer

i also use it and feel its a great product.