Check this out!!

Discussion in 'Live Rock' started by coral reefer, Mar 25, 2006.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. coral reefer

coral reefer Giant Squid

Edit: In the future, please do not cut and post entire articles. Please instead link them and or paraphrase them, thanks in advance, Gresham :D

http://www.marinedepot.com/aquarium...man_aquascaping_the_reef_aquarium.asp?CartId=

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 26, 2006
  2. Click Here!

3. coral reefer

coral reefer Giant Squid

Ther is alot more info in marine depot.com. I thought that article was awesome as it kind of goes against the assumption that you need 1-2 pounds of live rock per gallon of water for the ultimate in filtration.

4. chetrod

chetrod Peppermint Shrimp

It makes sense having spage available between the rocks will improve the water movement needed. The only issue I see is when you is stacking them so they don't fall over. I guys cleverly using epoxy and zip ties might do the trick. Great article

5. coral reefer

coral reefer Giant Squid

I hear ya! I am just a little scarred of the rock work falling over. Alot of epoxy will be needed. But at least there will be more water movement between the rock work and more light for beneficial coralline algae! Plus I can save money on live rock and buy more coral!!!Yeah!!

6. idiopathic

idiopathic Plankton

sweet article and thanks for the tip on marinedepot.com

here is the link to all the articles for anyone who is interested.

7. karlas

karlas Fire Goby

im not sure how it works but ive heard of some people using pvc pipe as a base to sturdy the live rock can prolly find that somwhere in the diy forums if anyone has doen it on this site