Cheap LED options for over my 65g?

Discussion in 'LED Aquarium Lighting' started by EllisJuan, Jan 23, 2014.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. EllisJuan

EllisJuan Feather Duster

I know that LED prices have taken quite a drop since I last looked last year and hear there are some good foreign made units at reasonable prices. What kind of cheap, decently features would you recommend for over my standard 65g?

2. Click Here!

3. sailorguy

sailorguy Torch Coral

It would be good to choose a unit that is at least dimmable,one that is controllable would be better.The size and power you would need/want would greatly depend on your plans for the tank and what you would like to house in it.Reefbreeders.com is a good place to look if you would also like to keep the cost down.

4. KcLive

KcLive Plankton

You can also check out ReefRadiance.com as well. That is where I picked up my LED light from

5. monkey wrench

monkey wrench Plankton

I agree, I have a 65 gallon and im thinking of reefbreeders for mine when im ready to upgrade. Plus you cant beat the price.

6. ClippersTown

ClippersTown Fire Worm

A couple of reef radiance dm 155e's should do it. Depending on dimensions of the 65g, (if its a cube) you might even get away with just 1 dm 155

7. Flying Turkey

Flying Turkey Astrea Snail

Yes you can...

LUMENTEK PRO 120 - Reef Radiance

From the pictures it looks like both the Reef Radiance and Reefbreeder units use the exact same controller. Only $279 for the Reef Radiance, $320 for the Reefbreeder.

8. Click Here!

9. Blue Falcon

Blue Falcon Fire Goby

2 reef breeders value fixtures or 1 reefbreeders photon 32 would cover your tank well.

I have the photon 32 and love it.

10. hart24601

hart24601 Flamingo Tongue

I have 2 reef breeders value on my 65. Love them.

11. monkey wrench

monkey wrench Plankton

haven't seen those lumentek light fixtures before,dont look bad either. I like the idea of the photon 32 also. On mine I was thinking the 2 reefbreeder value, but now im not sure:confused:

12. EllisJuan

EllisJuan Feather Duster

Thanks everybody. Apparently the value of HQI lights has plummeted. I think I am just going to hold on to these for a while.