cheap ebay led fixture 24" 27 1w leds/ small led fixture for 2.5 planted

Discussion in 'LED Aquarium Lighting' started by sollie7, Feb 14, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. sollie7

sollie7 Millepora

has anyone tried one of these? Looks pretty good. Can't be too bad for $110.00 shipped

24" 30" LED Aquarium Light Marine Reef Cichlid 27x 1 Watt Lunar Nano 60cm 75cm | eBay

they also have bigger ones and a 9w clip on for a nano for $40!
    LED Aquarium Light Mini Nano Bright Pico Freshwater Saltwater 9x 1 Watt Clamp On | eBay

This is really making me want to setup a nano aio

with something like this:
    18x18x6 3/8" Acrylic AIO frag tank with black bottom | eBay

hmm if my mr aqua would sell on consignment already might have to do this

only thing I can see that I wouldn't like is that I think you can only have one color on at one time but im sure that would be easy to rewire.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2012
  2. Click Here!

3. cosmo

cosmo Giant Squid

IMO, those things are cheap for a reason, plus that one says to only run the whites during the day! That's not a real color friendly spectrum, IMO! Maybe if its for a FOWLR tank, but not for corals!

4. NITTINID

NITTINID Astrea Snail

I bought the 48" Marineland reef l.e.d..and simply put...I wasted $500..its not for corals!!! Good for F.O.W.L.R.They are only 1 watt per l.e.d...anyone will tell you...that's not enough for any type of coral.

90 GALLON DISPLAY
    IN DISPLAY TANK;

180 LBS FIJI PREMIUM LIVE ROCK
    95 LBS LIVE SAND
    (2) 50 GPH POWERHEADS(CARBON STUFFED)
    (2) 1300 GPH POWER HEADS

LIGHTING IN DISPLAY;
    T5 NOVAS 48 INCH(6 BULB FIXTURES)
    48 INCH MARINLAND L.E.D REEF LIGHTING(18K)
    48 INCH (24) BLUE LED MOONLIGHT

30 GALLON SUMP
    IN SUMP;
    40 LBS LIVE SAND
    15 LBS FIJI PREMIUM LIVE ROCK.
    35 LBS REFUGIUM RUBBLE
    PHOSBAN REACTOR(150)
    10 WATT U.V STEROLIZER (DONT HAVE AN ICK PROB)BUT BETTER SAFE THEN SORRY
    CORALIFE SUPER SKIMMER(120)
    (ELITE) 200 WATT HEATER
    (10)MANGROVES

LIGHTING ;
    IN SUMP
    30-90 WATT FLOOD LAMP

FISH
    SAILFIN TANG,YELLOW TANG,BLUE HIPPO TANG,DIAMOND WATCHMAN GOBY,SIZZORTAIL GOBY,BLUE DAMSEL(6) BLUE GREEN CHROMIS(4)ENGINEER GOBY

CORALS AND INVERTS
    BLUE RICORDEA,SEBAE ANENOME,DUNCAN POLYPS,BROWN BUTTON POLYPS,RED AND PURPLE MUSHROOMS COLONY(6) SKUNK SHRIMP (3) CAMEL SHRIMP(6)PEPPERMINT SHRIMP (8) MEXICAN TURBO SNAILS,(6)CERITH SNAILS,(4)ZEBRA SNAILS(5)RED LEGGED HERMIT CRABS,(5) BLUE LEGGED HERMIT CRABS,

IN SUMP;
    (2)GREEN EMERALD CRABS
    (5) BLUE LEGGED HERMIT CRABS
    (5) RED LEGGED HEMIT CRABS

TO tHoSe WhO rOcK...WiTh A fiLTeR sOcK.....
    >>>>>>> I SOLUTE YOU <<<<<<<<

5. sollie7

sollie7 Millepora

turns out these are the same as aquatraders led lights. Think im gonna buy this one for my 2.5 gal planted I recently set up again:

LED Freshwater Bright

If I bought one looking to use it for a reef id def rewire it and add more blue leds, but its so cheap to begin with that itd be worth doing that. just the fixture itself is worth it especially for the clip on one then just rewire it with 3w crees and good ballasts

Last edited: Feb 14, 2012
  6. sollie7

sollie7 Millepora

just bought the small one I plan on taking it apart and wiring in two switches for the moonlights and white leds. So ill let you guys know how the quality is.

7. ReefBruh

ReefBruh Giant Squid

When you take it apart, check to see if its just a plain sheet of metal or a heat sink. The ones that dont long or work improperly have the plain sheet of aluminum.

8. Click Here!

9. sollie7

sollie7 Millepora

One I bought today is actually really nice, better then I expected. Didn't have to rewire it either the switch is already set up how I wanted. One position turns on all the lights and the other position is just for the moonlights. They do kind of word the description bad.

I got it for a freshwater tank so its not the one with high power leds,they're just mounted on a circuit board but all the soldering looks professionally done. no fan or anything but low power leds don't get that hot anyway. very slim only thing I don't like is that I wish the mounting leds were higher but it will work fine. It's about as bright as I was wanting to since its on a 2.5 gal planted, but don't believe they would work on reefs, I would like to try their high power led ones.