Chat-Roulette: DO NOT USE IT

Discussion in 'The Bucket' started by bama, Mar 2, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. OnefishTwofish

OnefishTwofish Feather Star

I did the same thing, all social site emails channel to me first. The sheer volume of them is insane - but that is part of keeping on top of it.

Sounds like you have been a terrific friend to help with this stuff. I offer help to my "peers" when i can as well.

2. Click Here!

3. Puffer Chick

Puffer Chick Giant Squid

im confuesed, never heard of it

started reading the "long" posts lol now i understand what it is :D

Last edited: Mar 2, 2010
  4. amcarrig

amcarrig Super Moderator

Curt, when my son is old enough to want to join these sites, I'll be contacting you to help me set something similar to what you did for your friend. :)

5. Dr. Bergeron

Dr. Bergeron Peppermint Shrimp

Chat Roulette is pretty much an unfiltered, unabashed, uncensored version of the entire internet circa mid-late 90's and everything it stands for rolled into a single app. It's reminiscent of when chat programs first started becoming popular with buddy search features back in '95-'96

there was a GREAT, GREAT article on The New Yorker about chat roulette from a fellow internet connoisseur such as myself.

I highly recommend everyone read this since it examines the social implications of CR and how it relates to the internet and where CR fits in socially as a whole:
    Is ChatRoulette the Future of the Internet or Its Distant Past? -- New York Magazine

1 person likes this.
  6. Puffer Chick

Puffer Chick Giant Squid

im so glad my parents didnt do all the stuff when i was younger that you guys are diong to your kids, i never did anything "bad" when i was online and stuff i was just mainly on my little horse game website when i was younger, my parents at least knew about it though because i always wanted "premium" status on the game so i always had my parents pay the $24 or whatever it was to get it. I really didnt go on any other sites except that one, so my parents didnt have to worry. And i probably didnt even setup a myspace account until freshman year of high school.

But i TOTALLY understand on why you guys are doing what you guys do. I know the internet has drastically changed, even from when i was a kid. A lot of perverts, freaks, and sites that no kid should see out there on the interenet. So really with how the interenet is these days and if you have young kids its deffiently a very good that you guys are doing what your doing

7. amcarrig

amcarrig Super Moderator

This is a touchy subject. When I was younger, my mother kept a very close eye on me and I still managed to get into trouble. Although I resented it back then, I completely appreciate it now. God knows what I would have gotten into if my mother had not done what she did.

8. Click Here!

9. Otty

Otty Giant Squid

Always knew you were a trouble maker :lol:

10. slocal

slocal Doot!

Well, my experiences weren't bad. I found another Robotech fan out there. I will agree though, THIS IS NOT FOR CHILDREN. The chances of a perv being on there are way too high.

11. amcarrig

amcarrig Super Moderator

Takes one to know one :lol:

12. =Jwin=

=Jwin= Tassled File Fish

For those who don't know, Chat Roulette basically puts you on video chat with a random computer (which could have one or several people on it) worldwide. A guy at the climbing wall at UTC was on it and he met kids from Belgium, Boston, and all sorts of places. But from his experience, pretty much the ratio of legit people to perverted acts is 1:1. So you could have 10 video conversations, and 5 of them will probably be someone doing something revolting on the other end. It's a good concept for a website, but humanity is just too dirty and sick and twisted for it to work properly.