Changing salt

Discussion in 'Salt' started by salt4me, Apr 15, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. salt4me

salt4me Skunk Shrimp

I used coralife, and there was 3 petstores in lexington that carried it. Now all 3 have quit carring it. This weekends water change is going to be with 100% new brand. This is the 2nd time I have had to change brands because the stores stop carring what I use. So now I'm useing Red Sea Salt, the up side is it's 19.99 for a 50 gallon bag. The 175 gallon bucket is 99.99. Haha do the math on that, I asked the guy if the price was right on the bucket and he said "yea". I told him ok I'll buy 4-50 gallon bags for $80, alot cheaper than 175 gallon for $100 bucks. Bet there will be a price change when I go Back lol.

2. Click Here!

3. lillys Grandad

lillys Grandad Horrid Stonefish

..Lots of threads on this one..most salts are within a certain range..BUT..I have seen differences in my tank when I have changed salt mixes...some contain higher levels of phosphates..that was my issue. But many other elements can be elevated from brand to brand. Just be aware...some of your critters may have a little fit at first..jmo : )

4. 2in10

2in10 Super Moderator

LOL, I think you are right.

5. Tadpole1mill

Tadpole1mill Purple Spiny Lobster

the sad part is, SOMEONE is not going to make the connection and end up buying the bucket lmfao.

6. salt4me

salt4me Skunk Shrimp

Surprised me the Red Sea Salt was cheaper than Instant Ocean.

7. Vinnyboombatz

Vinnyboombatz Giant Squid

I too switched my salt from coralife to Red Sea. Got a bad batch of salt(happens sometimes).Recently switched back to Coralife.Order your salt online. Free shipping usually no tax and much cheaper then most LFS.
    Heres a great place to get it.

Coralife Marine Salt | Salt Mix for Saltwater Aquariums
    On sale right now.Bonus!!!!!!!

8. Click Here!

9. PghSteeler

PghSteeler Tassled File Fish

Thats where I got mine, only took a few days to be delivered as well!