Chalk Basselet

Discussion in 'Tropical Fish' started by Jup4_Lita85, Apr 20, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Jup4_Lita85

Jup4_Lita85 Astrea Snail

Got this little guy this weekend! In Qtank, looking good and eating really well. Any quriks with these guys that I should be aware of?

Attached Files:

2. Click Here!

3. Corailline

Corailline Super Moderator

I have always liked Chalk bass, never had one. I hear though that they are one of the more passive bass. Congrats.

4. kcbrad

kcbrad Giant Squid

I've always wanted on too, but never had one. Lol

Congrats on your new little guy!! He looks great and healthy!! I've heard they are very mellow and great community fish.

5. SushiGirl

SushiGirl Barracuda

Nice! You'll have to keep us updated on its personality, I've always liked them but never had one either!

6. Jup4_Lita85

Jup4_Lita85 Astrea Snail

Cool I am glad to hear that he is a good community fish! Can't wait to post more pics when he is bigger. He is so little now!

7. m2434

m2434 Giant Squid

Like others, I think they are more passive bassets and Ive always wanted one. Never had one unfortunately.... Congrats though :)

8. Click Here!

9. solelysoulful

solelysoulful Plankton

Chalk and Tobacco Basslets are great for community tanks! They're super fun and totally not agressive. You'll love him :)

10. khowst

khowst Bangghai Cardinal

Had my eye on one myself. Would love to hear some updates when you get it in the tank.

11. BigJim

BigJim Spaghetti Worm

I love my Chalk Bass, but he is very timid. He was the first fish I added but he still hid for days when I added new fish. I had to target feed him for a week or so after I got my blenny because he was terrified and never came out of his hiding spot. He’s fine once he gets used to them though. He always comes up to the glass when I am next to the tank, which is nice. I’m sure he is begging for food, but it still feels like he is greeting me. They supposedly can eat small shrimp but mine has never bothered my cleaner shrimp. He even sits still for a cleaning occasionally. He is definitely my favorite fish.