ceramic DIY live rock

Discussion in 'I made this!' started by reef_guru, Jan 14, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. JasonSquared

JasonSquared Spaghetti Worm

Thats good to know. However, I've seen many companies make claims and have them turn out NOT to be true. I mean which skimmer is actually the BEST? LOL! I'm sure it's fine though, but I'd like to see how they tested it, and what they tested for. I know that for example we had some ceramic tested once, and the Pb level was through the ROOF! It was glazed so it was fine, but we stopped using it due to the fact the possibility that a small chip, gone unnoticed, would be detrimental to health. (Important to note that these were IMPORTED bowls from Mexico). But something that would be used in a reef tank would naturally have even LESS regulation or oversight to any claims of safety.

Like I said I'm sure they're fine, but I have heard some bad stuff. (Which admittedly is usually more bunk than truth). So I'd just like to see more people using them with positive success storie before I'd invest in getting some.

2. Click Here!

3. chetrod

chetrod Peppermint Shrimp

Some one here here on 3reef has a ceramic or clay vase in there aquarium maybe they can chime in.

4. JasonSquared

JasonSquared Spaghetti Worm

I'm sure any vase would be glazed, it prevents the leeching of minerals...